Saturday, August 10, 2013

Lifeblood

My Sweet Baby,

You are my Elzbieta! That is your name in Polish, which you may already know, and I think it is a lovely variation on a name that is one of the most beautiful in the world. Earlier today I posted a novelty song that I loved from the early 60s, called "The Name Game". It's a goofy song, and has nothing to do with translations, but it made me think of your name, and then I remembered that during our Krystov Kieslowski retrospective last semester at the CSUN Cinematheque, the name Elzbieta kept popping up in the credits of his films. Every time I saw it, of course I thought of you, and back then it was late Winter and early Spring, and you had just come back into my life, and I would see a film and see that name, and I would think, "she's my Elzbieta". I neglected to tell you at the time, so I am telling you now, My Lady Of The Internationally Lovely Name.

I hope you had a nice Saturday. My sister did not come over, so I did some shopping on my own. Tomorrow is my oldest sister Sophie's birthday, so I am gonna go visit her early, while Pearl is in church. I am always trying to get my siblings involved with one another, to arrange birthday lunches and things like that, and especially for Sophie because she lives in a convalescent home, but nobody ever wants to engage themselves. Sigh. I guess there is something in every family. In mine, it's that the siblings don't interact, except with me. I see Vickie all the time, I see Sophie regularly (she lives farther away), and I talk to Chris pretty much every day. But none of them ever see or talk to each other. Maybe once or twice a year.

Such is life. Because of what I see in the world, it makes me even more determined to be loyal, to have a family (and remember, a family can be just two people, or more if desired), to love and be loved, to need and be needed.

It is a good thing to love, and be loved, but I think it is also a good thing to need and be needed. In our society, which has become jaded, it has become passe or blase to say that you "need" somebody. But to need somebody is just an extension of an unbreakable bond of love. Once that bond has been created, the two people involved love each other, but - whether they say it or not - they also need each other, because their love for one another has become lifeblood.

So I think that is awesome.

That is my nature, to not be jaded about these things, but instead to believe in them 100%. There is something absolutely profound about love and loyalty and faith, and encouragement, and the sharing of strength, and compassion, and understanding, and all those values. To always be there.........to always mean it.

That's all I really know for today.

I Love You, Elizabeth. xoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment