Sunday, August 18, 2013

Stoney Point

Good Evening, My Angel,

I was just now trying an experiment with this blog and it didn't work. I noticed at the top of the template that there are links to upload videos and photos, and I wanted to add a photo but it didn't work. The photos have to come from a Google+ photo album, and I don't have any of those. You can't upload directly from your camera's photo card. Well anyway, I had posted a bunch of photos on FB this afternoon from a place near my home called Stoney Point. It is a solitary rock formation resembling a small, isolated mountain, and it is located near Chatsworth Park, about 5 miles from here. Usually on Sunday mornings I take the Kobedog to CSUN while Pearl is in church, but he is currently on a No Excercise mandate from the vet. I had some free time, so I drove over to Stoney Point because we've been talking so much about rocks, and sacred places and the Earth Grid and whatnot. Stoney Point is similar to Vasquez Rocks (which I drove to back in June) in that both are large rock formations, and what I have always been very interested in is the boulders themselves.

I think they are sandstone, but what has always interested me is that the Chatsworth mountains themselves are made of two seperate types of material: earth, and these enormous boulders, and the boulders are either embedded in the mountain of earth, as in the Santa Susana mountains that form the western boundary of The Valley, or they are a solid formation unto themselves, like Vasquez Rocks. Stoney Point is made of earth, too, but the boulders look to be heaped on top of one another, and then you will also see boulders - some the size of a small house - just sitting by themselves, next to a road, or on the flat of the land next to a hillside.

What I have always wondered is, how in the world did those boulders get there? I am sure a geologist could provide me with a theory, but as I have also studied what is called Catastrophism (see Immanuel Velikovsky and others), I am not sure I would accept a mainstream geological answer. The first obvious thing is that they've been there for a long time. Tens of thousands of years? Millions of years? Billions of years?

I just took a break to do some Googling about sandstone, and a lot of stuff came back about how sedimentary rock is formed. Some photos came back of sandstone boulders from the cretateous age, which lasted 79 million years, from 66 million years ago to 145 million years ago. So most of those rocks have been sitting there for an incredibly long time. According to geologists, they are formed from sediment, which always lies at the bottom of a body of water. I am in danger here of going off on a major tangent, because this is a favorite subject of mine, earth history. I will be honest and say that I do not entirely (or even partially) trust official historical studies of geology, anymore than I trust official studies of anthropology, sociology, or even medicine for that matter. So many of the studies and sciences of these subjects are, for one thing, only a few hundred years old at best, and in many cases the theories they arrived at, though based in the scientific process, were arrived at through competiton and via funding (grants, etc.) and expected results (the human ego factor), and so - for those reasons cannot be considered to be 100% accurate.

As in everything I do, I always go by intuition and feel. If you want to know about a rock, touch it. The same with a tree. You might not be able to relate everything you learned by those touches, but you will understand it on a permanent subconscious level. I think of the enormous boulders that are separated from the mountains, and lie on the flat Valley floor perhaps a half mile from the mountainside, and the only thing I can imagine that moved them there is water. And it must have been a massive force of water to move multi-thousand ton boulders a substantial distance.

But I go too far on a tangent, because I am also interested in the human component, and the Indians (Tongva and Chumash) who lived here for 8000 years. I was thinking of that as I took my photos this morn. Some of the sandstone boulders at Stoney Point appear to have "faces" on them. Me being me, I always look for symbolic and physical "faces" in many things that I photograph, because I am always looking for the Spiritual in life, as it radiates outward from the Aether. But at Stoney Point, which I haven't visited much, I was struck by how easy it is to see these "faces". It's almost impossible not to notice them, though I realise that most folks aren't wired to focus on such matters. Still, the images jumped out at me, and I thought of the Indians.

They had been in The Valley for 8000 years.

That blows my mind.

I see all the development, and all the cars and hustle-bustle. As soon as I pull out of my driveway I am being tailgated by an incessant society, hell-bent on.........what?

What is modern society after? I certainly do not know, but I know they are in a hurry.

Society would do well to study the rocks, and the multi-millenial dwellers - the Indians - who lived in and around those rocks for thousands of years.

Thousands Of Years.

Some of the boulders seem to have been carved, or attempted to have been carved, into likenesses.

That is what I noticed today, and it wasn't anything I had to look for. Rather, it jumped right out at me.

I am interested in the past because it has so much to tell us, and we have not even begun to scratch the surface.

I Love You my Darling, I hope you had a good weekend, and I will see you in the morn. We will study places like Stoney, and Lake Superior, and your Special Place with the sideways trees, and Angkor Wat, and many others..........but we will study them with our own take, our own intelligence. And in this way we will gain new understanding.

xoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment