Friday, August 16, 2013

Melt (more added, and much love)

Happy Friday, my Angel! I hope you had a nice day, and that your weekend is off to a good start. Well, you learn something new every day, and now I know what those flowers are called : Morning Glories! We have them all over the place, and for years I always called them Trumpet Flowers because of their shape. They line a long stretch of fence up at CSUN, and I always thought they were so pretty that I took a photo of them myself back in the '90s. But from now on they are Trumpet Flowers no more. Hello, Morning Glories.

We were a little worried about the Kobester the past couple days, because he would tremble at times, and yelp if you touched him, and yet most of the time he seemed normal and always ate his food, had a cold wet nose (btw, did you know that dogs get their noses installed at the Naugahyde Shop? It's true, but I digress). Anyhow, this morn we thought it best to take him to the vet, and it turns out he's just got a sore back, most likely from jumping off the top of the couch, so that was good news. Kobi is 13, but usually has the energy of a three year old, and he thinks he's a stunt dog.

I will go on my walk now, and then write more at the usual time.

Elizabeth? I Love You, you know, but also........sometimes when I think of you, you just melt me.  :):)

(back in a little while.....)

11pm : Today was a TCB kinda day (taking care of business), so I am just taking it easy this eve, my brain on cruise control. I am browsing movies on Amazon, playing acoustic, enjoying the quiet in my building. Tomorrow, Vickie is gonna come over and we are gonna take Sophie out for her birthday after all. That makes me happy. Right now, I am focused on continuing to build a foundation for us. You posted yesterday about artist's salaries transposed to CEOs and doctors and the like, and it's funny because, well, I think that most of those folks could not cope with the faith it takes to trust, as an artistic person must trust, that the money will be there. Folks in the Corporate World thrive on the trust of a System, and if they climb that ladder high enough, that System can work for them. But the catch - and it is huge - is that "This Is Your Life", end of story. Those folks are now part of that System, and that is their life - think about that......it's their life - and I think, from my perspective, that you really have to be comfortable in that world to accept that it is going to be your life. For those who sense they will not be comfortable in such a world, acceptance of it is a dreadful proposition.

The trade off, for an Artist (or an artistic person in general), is faith. Faith that money will be there. Faith that enthusiasm will be there, curiosity will be there, i.e. the Artistic Impulse. I think the key, besides trusting in the money and practical ends of things, is to start from the inside. Rather than dwelling always on what you are going to produce, receive what inspires you.

Receive. That's why you were born an Artist in the first place. If you were not born with a Corporate Personality, which is to say a Follower Personality or System-based Personality, then go with what you were given. As an Artistic Soul, you were born with gifts of reception and faith. 

So that is my message for tonight. Trust and believe, in yourself, your faith, and your support system. This is what artists do. The huge, huge payoff is that they do not have to give their lives (and think about that word again) over to a System of Strict Regimentation and Non-Creativity.

That's the payoff for an Artistic Person. With faith, their life is their own.

I Love You, Elizabeth. Sweet Dreams, a big hug and kiss, and I will see you in the morning.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment