Monday, June 16, 2014

Aliso Again (and Sports, too....) (dusk)

Good Evening, Sweet Baby,

I'm checking in from Pearl's because Grimsley wants to meet me up at Aliso after I get off at 6:30. So, I won't be home till about 8:30 or so. But I wanted to say I Love You, and I hope you are having a great day. It is beautiful here, a nice evening for a short Aliso hike, and a CSUN walk later. I see you are watching the World Cup! Sports!! (lol.....)

Pearl's neighbor has his England flag hanging from his garage door. This same guy went back to England four years ago to watch the Cup with his family. I took care of his doggie while he and his wife were gone, but as soon as they got to England, the national team got beat and were out of the tournament. So I wish him better results this time. :)

Of course, my sister Vickie's family are very excited about the Cup because her husband Nico is a soccer coach and my newphew Andrew (Vickie's son) was part of a Division 2 national champion team in 2008, at Cal State Dominguez Hills. Soccer is their life, and they even play on Christmas.....I tease them about it. :)

Sports, I know........but this time you brought it up.....  :):)

I am glad your friends' band is doing well, too. Everything is good!

I will be back later, after all walks are complete. I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

11:15pm : I got it all done, all my hikes and walks. Aliso is beautiful at dusk, we saw some horses and riders on the trail, too. I liked the picture of sunset at the palace of fine arts, and I want to go on a sunset/dusk walk with You, and any place of great beauty and feeling.

Tomorrow after I take Pearl to Golden Agers I may try for a Vanalden Cave hike, or at least drive up there to check it out. That is a southward destination, in the Santa Monica mountains which border the Valley on the (you guessed it) southern side. Like all of these hikes, it's only a ten or fifteen minute drive, but the Santa Monicas are a lot steeper than the Santa Susanas to the north. So we'll see if it's a simple hike, and if so, I'll go. I also wanna check out the Topanga Canyon section of Devil Canyon this week, maybe Wednesday.

These are all just quickie trips - fifteen minutes there, 45 minutes to an hour on the trail, take a few photos, then back to the car and pick up Pearl. But, they are fun. The fun is in the discovery, naturally.

I wanna discover France with you, too. I took that quiz from a couple days ago, and I got Iceland. Me? Iceland? Well, I'd visit I suppose, but I think I'll stick with France and England for starters. All the usual stops (Louvre, Pere LaChaise, Seine, Eiffel Tower) but also Paris Disney! Then take the Tube to London and do England, with a major stopover up north in Liverpool for a major league Beatles tour.

That's what I wanna do for my first trip to Europe. France and England, with the stops mentioned.

So let's go, any time you are ready. In the meantime, a whole bunch of trails await. I'll meet you at 7pm, after my evening shift, any night of the week. We will watch the dusk set in amongst the trees.

I hope your day was awesome (and I am betting it was), and now I am wishing you Sweet Dreams.

I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoox  :):)  

No comments:

Post a Comment