Friday, June 27, 2014

Fantastic Shot! + Triple Love!!! (Noir Star) (acknowledgement)

Wow, Elizabeth! That is a great picture. I love the patterns of light and shade, and the way your eyes stand out through them. Your earring is also highlighted to the side. Very dramatic. and you look stunning as always. I am still at Pearl's, and I just walked in the door and saw that, so "Wow"! again. Really great work.

We took Kobi to see the doggie cardiologist and he got a good report. Afterward, we took him to The Shady Park for a reward and we just now got back.

And I am happy to see your excellent and very artistic self-portrait just now. I am gonna head home in a moment, and then I'll mostly be around there until 4:15. And then I'll be back at Pearl's.

I Triple Love You!!!  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

7:20pm : Hi, my Darling, I am home. I wanted to say again that your photo today was really well done. It's very film noir, and you have the perfect expression on your face for mystery. A star is born!

Well, I have gotta do my whole walk tonight, so I will do part of it at 8pm and then the rest later on. I watched a movie this afternoon, "Mud", which was a minor classic in a "Stand By Me" kind of way. I'd heard some good things about it, but it was even better than I expected.

Now I am gonna see if I can finish my book ("Transhumanism") before and in between walks. I hope you are having a great Friday evening. I Love You!  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

(back in a bit)

11:45pm : Listening to Faure, one of my favorites. At this time of night, this music and the sound of the piano are so conducive to contemplation. The tones both relax and stimulate your brain, and the rhythmic flow takes you away. So you can contemplate, and there doesn't even have to be a subject. It's just a state of contemplation, i.e. allowing thoughts & messages to come into your brain, rather than focusing on them, although you can do that too. It's just that something in this music and in this instrument - I don't want to identify it and I know I harp on it - is extremely conducive to abstract thinking or letting your mind wander, and that leads to daytime creative thinking, which leads to creating your own reality, which is what we do.

It's all about defining what your life is to you . Without being anti-social or off-putting to people, of course. One must live "in the world". But as Christ said, one must also not be "of the world". And as humans, and artists, we can kind of straddle the whole thing. We can wake up in the morning, and the first - the very first - thing we recognise, every day, is our connection to Something Special, "special" being the key word. There is no lessening nor underestimating just how Special that Something is, and there is certainly no underestimating our connection to it.

We wake up in the morning, and just that act alone is awesome, even if we are tired. We notice the new day, even if the days sometimes seem like a continuum - and we notice that element of physical reality also - but what we really notice , each and every day we awaken, is our immediate connection to the Special Something. And at that moment, as we begin our day, we are locked in .

We may not cease to notice the ordinary goings on of life, for we are always "in the world", as we must be. And there is much to be learned, and experienced, and pleasure and camaraderie to be found in the day to day goings on of the world. And we draw strength and reserve from those things as well.

But where we truly dwell is not "of the world", and it is this Outer Region from which we are drawing much of our contemplation, which leads to the best of our creativity.

By locking it in every morning, upon awakening, we can ensure that we are never distracted from our actual presence in this region. We lock in that connection by acknowledgement. 

Let it know that you know it. It will never leave you, and you will live inside it always.

:):)

No comments:

Post a Comment