Saturday, June 7, 2014

Happy On Saturday Night (Red)

Good Evening, my Darling,

I am home, and I am happy. First, because I saw that Bill Watterson is back! I know he was and is your favorite, and I liked Calvin & Hobbes too (who didn't?), so that makes me happy, but the second thing that makes me happy is that he is also Eric Whitacre's favorite, and that is awesome, a heart-melter in fact.

You know I love you, and I am always right here and always thinking about you.

It might feel a little weird now that you are in your first Summer where you won't be going back to full-time school, but you'll still be going to Italy to complete your photo studies, and you're going there because you made the great decision to follow your bliss. So everything in your life is gonna work out fine, I guarantee it.

There are no worries ahead, just a fun Summer, and remember, even the little things can be fun, and sometimes they are the most fun. "Adventure Is Everywhere"; truer words were never spoken!

I am gonna hang out as per usual and decide whether or not I wanna spend the money to see King Crimson........stay tuned (even though you know I'll probably do it, lol).

I'll be back later at the usual time.

I Love You!  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

Midnight: I did wind up buying a King Crimson ticket. I figured I hadn't seen 'em since 1981 (33 years!), and they almost never tour or make records anymore, and who knows if they'll ever tour again, and finally, their concerts are mindblowers. So, I spent the 80 bucks.

If you wanna hear an awesome song, check out "Red" by King Crimson from the album of the same name. They have played in different styles over their career, but that song in 1974 set the stage for progressive metal to come.

I am on an obscure piano kick lately. The Webern piece I posted is one of those modern pieces where a casual listener might say "that sounds like my three year old banging away". But of course it's not. Even the most atonal music takes skill to compose. And for some crazy reason, I go through periods when it hits the spot for me. Some nights, it's just right......

I finished my latest Dr. Joe book too, "Roswell And The Reich". This country has kept a lot of secrets, and one day they will all come out.

I Love You and hope your day was good.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment