Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Frankenstein Kick (quiet day)

Good Evening, my Baby,

I'm just getting home. Today I just stayed home in between Pearl shifts, nothing special except I did watch an excellent flick from Hammer Horror " The Revenge Of Frankenstein" from 1958, with the great Peter Cushing. I love all the Hammer Studios films and I am on a little bit of a Frankenstein kick this week because I am reading about the book in Joe Farrell's "Transhumanism". I have never read "Frankenstein", but apparently the most famous film version, with Boris Karloff, bears little resemblance to the intent of Shelly the author. In reality, according to Dr. Farrell and his co-author Dr. Scott deHart, the story has an alchemical subtext about the creation, without God's help, of the "perfect man", and thereby paving the way for the "perfect society" and Unity of Man, and eventually a reascension of Mankind up the Ladder to Heaven, from which the Fall of Man occurred.

It's all very heavy stuff, lol. These guys have Oxford educations with doctorates in Theology, but they also know a lot about esoteric traditions like Hermeticism and alchemy, ancient religions and sciences, and tons and tons of other subjects. So I am getting my own education as I read. :)

But, alchemical subtext or no alchemical subtext, I love me a good old Mad Scientist Monster Movie, and this one fit the bill in all respects. So I had a pleasant afternoon. I will do half my walk at 8pm and then the rest later on. I hope you had a nice day.

I Love You! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

(back in a bit)

Midnight : It seems like a quiet day all in all, but a good one nevertheless. Tomorrow is a hair salon day for Pearl, so no trail hopping, but maybe I will try for a Reseda picture or two. Hope your day was good.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment