Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Coexist (evening)

Good Evening my Baby,

Yeah, you are right: "Coexist". Whether it's Palestinians and Israelis or Old Time Northridgers and Mayor Garcetti and Developers. I understand they want to beautify the 'hood (and other 'hoods in the area) in order to attract shoppers and foot traffic. It's just that there is already a lot of commerce in our town. It doesn't take place so much on Reseda Boulevard anymore, as it did in the 60s and 70s, but Northridge is full of successful shopping areas and businesses. It's just that the area in question is our Old Town, with buildings erected in the 1930s and even earlier. I even took a picture from that location that I put on my Flickr last year. It is a photo of the sidewalk, at night, in front of the Lum Ka Naad restaurant. That restaurant is new, and it is very successful, but it is installed in an Old Town building from the 1930s, where another very successful restaurant called Morigi's used to be, and it was there for 50 years. So it's not the change in businesses that bothers me; that happens, and over time we lose favorite old restaurants, or hangouts, or what have you. What bothers me is the need (and there IS no need) to tear down the old structures, just to put up modern, bland, same-as-every-town-in-America, boring stucco buildings. My friend Ono is right: they do it so that corporate chain stores can move in, and move out all the old Mom & Pop stores.

That's what bothers me, and that's why I dislike the tactics of the developers. Per se, I would have nothing against them if they knew when to quit, but they don't, and unless you have a really strong neighborhood preservation group, like the one I mentioned just north of us in Granada Hills, then the developers win every time.

Ahh, it's funny because I mentioned voting earlier. I've gotta take a break here and go vote right now! Today is our California primary election. The polls close at 8pm. Lucky for me I vote right next door at the Methodist Church. Don't worry - I'm gonna vote for Jerry Brown. He's the best Governor we've ever had. I don't know that I'd vote for Mayor Garcetti again, though. But I'll shut up now and go vote, and I'll do part of my walk when I'm done. Then I'll be back.

I Love You! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

11:40pm : A very nice photo by Besler. I have seen his pictures before, I think in the same valley area, of the night sky and stars. You may have posted them in fact. I know he has taken some time exposures that are very impressive. One was of the Milky Way, I believe.

I am listening to Janacek's piano music. I only know him because ELP did a song called "Knife Edge" that was based on one of his compositions. But this piano music is very meditative, I like it.

Well, I voted and went on my walk. I love the campus. No one was up there tonight. Northridge is supposed to be boring and quiet. It's part of the psychic vibe.

I hope you had a nice evening. I Love You.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment