Saturday, June 28, 2014

Stormy Weather? (Self Portraits)

Good Evening, my Darling,

I saw your friend's picture while I was at Pearl's and figured it was either the Madison or Chicago skyline, and then Pearl had CNN on, and they were talking about very heavy rainfall in Minnesota, flooding in Minneapolis. I know you're some distance away, but since the sky looks dark in her photo, I hope you aren't in the middle of a storm, too.

Listen here, clouds! It's Summer. Go rain on somebody else! (like maybe us here in California.......but wait til next January if you can........or on second thought, just forget it. We don't want any rain. But leave those Wisconsonites alone!)

There! I sure told 'em. :)
It'll be drying up any minute now, skies clearing just in time for a nice Fourth of July week.

'Twas a typical Saturday here in The 'Ridge. We took Kobi to Lake Balboa this morn, then I went shopping, sans Vickie. Now Ono is coming over at 7:30 to take his doggie for a CSUN walk, so that'll count for half my mileage. I hope your day was good.

I'll be back later at the usual time. I sure do love you, beautiful lady.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

11:30pm : I just finished the rest of my walk, and now I am listening to the Massenet piano music. It's nice in places, although in other places it comes perilously close to the dreaded Piano Banging.

Ono and I had a nice dogwalk, and it was just like last week because we were once again joined by Dave F., who called as we were beginning the walk.

You know, I have remarked on your talent for photographing people, but within that talent is a sub-talent for photographing yourself! Elizabeth, you have now compiled several excellent self-portraits (never to be called selfies for you!). No, for you they are very creative and individualistic self-portraits. You have the one from last year that is still your Flickr avatar, side view with your hair in motion. That is a majestic image. Then you have the studio-lit and styled "braids and ear cuffs" look from early this year, a portrait shot. And now you have the Lace Look, super creative and mysterious; a veiled look.

I know you have others, but I mention these three because they are all individual looks with different techniques, and each conveys not only a different aspect of photographic creativity, but also an entirely different look.

Those are three exceptional shots.

Make sure to make prints of all three, if you haven't already.

I Love You and wish you Sweet Dreams, my Baby. I will see you in the morning.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment