Friday, June 13, 2014

Happy Friday the 13th! (xoxoxoxoxoxo)

Good Evening, my Baby,

I hope your Friday the 13th is going well. With full moon tonight, too, a good combination I say! For all things mysterious, at any rate. I haven't been doing much today. It was hot out, so I stayed in and watched a Criterion movie I found at the library, "Hands Over The City" (http://www.criterion.com/films/799-hands-over-the-city), a riveting example of the neo-realist style of filmmaking that was popular in Italy after the war. The most famous example of neo-realism is perhaps "The Bicycle Thief", which is now called "Bicycle Thieves" for some reason. In neo-realism, very often non-professional actors were used, in real-life settings, and it Italy at that time things were pretty grim.

My Dad saw Naples during the war, and he used to talk about the poverty there, and in "Hands Over The City" you can really see it. The movie is about corrupt real estate developers in collusion with corrupt politicians and how they cover up a building collapse. Another famous neo-realistic film was called "Open City", about post-war Rome. Most neo-realism came out of Italy, and if you like art films or Criterion stuff in general, it is a genre worth checking out.

Anyway, I'm just hangin' out. It's good for me to relax and recharge on my days off (unless a Disneyland trip was planned, which unfortunately wasn't the case). Maybe on my walk tonight I will take the cam along and look for some night photo opportunities.

I'll be back later at the usual time. Keep ruling! I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

Midnight : I am posting later than usual because I got caught up in the hockey game, which (though, sports..) was one of the greatest sporting events I have ever seen. I am only an intermittent hockey fan, but these two teams played their hearts out tonight and it was really something to see. It turns out that it was the longest Kings game in their history. Consequently I had to do my entire walk and workout after the game was over.

Anyhow, just a typical day, even though a day off. I hope your day was good. I had a nice walk under the full moon. I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxo :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment