Thursday, June 26, 2014

Perfect Timing :):) (The Essence of Summer)

Sweet Baby! How's that for perfect timing? :):) You posted the Eric Whitacre/Calvin & Hobbes just as I was posting The Archies video. Two hearts beat as one! I am just getting back from my walk, so I'll be back in just a couple minutes, but I wanna post this now because of the perfect timing.

I Love, Love, Love You!!!  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

11:30pm : Another quiet day, just taking Pearl to the hair salon as usual on Thursday. I walked around the area while she was there - it's located in classic Reseda - and I looked for good pictures, but it's one of those things where I have to connect with whatever I am photographing. It's a psychic thing, and it doesn't matter if it's a stone wall at the back of a parking lot. Of course, everything I photograph in Reseda will have special meaning to me - even if it's a stone wall - but the important point is that I must photograph it with the intent to convey that meaning. Without that intent, it's just a stone wall. So, today I'm on foot while Pearl is getting her hair done, but the timing was all wrong. Too many cars going by, too much foot traffic. I work best in empty spaces (maybe you've noticed, lol) and when there are too many people around I get self conscious about what I am trying to do, which is to connect with the vibe of a very specific space or area which has meaning to me.

So I will go back on a Sunday morn, or a similar time when no one is around. That's when I do my best photography.

Other than that, just a usual day. I hope you had a great day, and I was thinking of something just a little while ago, after you posted the Whitacre/Calvin cartoon, and that is that I want you to really, really have a wonderful Summer in the everyday sense, and to contemplate it and notice it in small ways, just a little bit every day. You had to deal with a harsh Winter, so now I want you to really be aware of the many small beauties of each Summer day. I am trying to do that myself, just so I never take the days for granted because they can tend to pass by quickly if you don't pay attention to them.

It's neat to kind of blend the time together, to think about yesterday's hike (or actually Tuesday's) and also to think about what you are doing at the moment, even if you are just reading or about to take a nap. And then, almost at the same time, to think about (or wonder about) what you are gonna do later in the day or evening.

To let all the time run together and blend, and to make sure to notice, appreciate, and celebrate the specialness of the Summer feeling. The essence of that feeling really is sitting in a tree with your best friend (or Sweet Baby!) ala Calvin and Hobbes. That's the essence of Summer. But it's also walking around, looking for stone walls with special meaning, and gathering the intent within yourself to capture that meaning.........on a humid June afternoon.

And then having an ice cream cone when you're done.

So make sure to enjoy each and every day this Summer, my Darling, and notice all the moments. :)

"These are days to remember", as the song says.

I Love You and will see you in the morn.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment