Monday, June 9, 2014

Monday Evening Love (decades)

Good Evening, Sweet Baby,

Another hot day today, but I did manage to get in two Kobedoggie excursions. This morning after breakfast, Pearl and I took him to The Shady Park (the little park just down the street), and then at 11, Pearl had an appointment with the foot doctor, so that always means an L.A. River walk for the Kobester. Of course, the L.A. River is nothing but a giant concrete channel, and so it was extra hot down there and we didn't go as far. But we still had fun.

I hope your day was good. I enjoyed the kitty video this morning. :) Super cute! I now have the Black Kitty following me everywhere I go whenever I go outside at Pearl's. She now lets me brush her, and has almost entirely stopped swatting at me. I have tamed a feral cat. But she sees us go in the house, and lately she has been laying on a table on Pearl's front patio, which is close to the front door. I don't know if she would actually come inside, with Kobi being in there, but you never know. He's a small guy anyway and I don't think the kitty would be too afraid of him. But, if it happens, it happens. I will just let it progress on it's own as I have done so far. The Black Kitty has come a long way and now she is a friendly sweetheart.

I am gonna check the Redbox real quick for anything watchable. On the miniscule chance that there is, I will walk across to 7/11 and rent it, but otherwise I will be here till Walk Time at 8:30. I hope you are enjoying your evening, and I Love You!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

11:30pm : It has cooled off considerably this eve, and I had a very nice walk. Now I am enjoying the Schumann. I did not find anything at Redbox. I am posting so many films from the 40s through the 60s (and many of them foreign) because in that era the story was what was important. And because humanity is complex, and because those complexities are brought out in myriad ways by the times in which we live, the possibility for nuance in human stories in cinema was at a peak during that time, and especially in Europe. If you like movies, take a chance and explore an older film from the post-war era. There are many great ones.

I think we are too locked into a cycle now, a 24/7 cycle, where things tend to go by the clock, and news events, and I think it is very important to shut that out (as much as possible) and tune in to the far greater power of The Earth, and The Greater Spirit of Humanity, which you will find in older works of art (and film, poetry, etc). Before the sped-up era began.

In those decades you will find much inspiration, in all forms of art.

I Love You, and I wish you Sweet Dreams, and I will see you in the morning.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment