Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Great Idea! (Bird House Photo) (tired but Goofy)

Good Morning, my Darling,

I just wanted to say "great idea" about starting your own photo page. You have plenty of exceptional work to show, and also your various styles are now presenting themselves as you can see for yourself.  And, I just now saw your Prairie Burns documentary at your Vimeo. Excellent work, very professional. You tell the story succinctly, shot by shot. I am guessing at the end, with the purple flowers that have grown back, you made a return trip to the site.

So yes, great work all the way around, both still and motion picture. You are on your way! :)

Well, I am gonna do a little shopping before I have to pick Pearl up at 2pm, but I wanted to let you know that I like what I see.

I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

(back in a bit)

7:30pm : I am home. One of my recent photo favorites of yours, semi-recent anyway, is the white-on-grey picture of the bird houses against the overcast sky. That one, to me, is all about the shapes, tones and textures in the composition, and the entrance of the bird houses into the frame, from the right, rather than a more conventional center framed shot. In this way, the houses jut into the picture, as if presenting themselves, or perhaps the birds have done it. They are the picture's finishing touch, the living entities amidst the soft white and grey shapes of the clouds and houses.

It's neat to think about why you like a certain picture, so there is one example. :)

I am hoping to take some photos myself tomorrow morn. I discovered another new trail in Chatsworth called Devil Canyon Trail. I don't know how arduous it is (steep, rocky, full of bees, etc.), but it's supposed to be fairly shady according to some reviews I read, so I will check it out tomorrow after dropping Pearl off at The Big Banquet Meeting of Reseda Women's Club. Gotta take some more Reseda pictures, too, and I've got a couple spots in mind that are Very Reseda-y! :) Oh boy!

I will pick Pearl up tomorrow at 2pm and then I will be off until Sunday at 1pm. Let's see, what can we do?

A quick trip to Puma Punku, maybe?  :):)

My walk at usual time. I know LeBron James is probably winning right now and I don't even care. Over it!

Back at usual time. I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

11:40pm : Super tired, but the sleep-ins await. And, the Spurs won (but it's a trap). And who would think that Los Angeles would be known for it's hockey team? It's all mixed up, I tell ya.

If I were a Disney character, I'd be Goofy. :)

Well, my Baby, I think today was an excellent day. Your photo page is off to a great start, and because I am viewing from the sidelines, and can now see your student video work as well, I can see all the progress you have made. Here's a question : were you into photography prior to two years ago? I know you directed the Autre Temps video with your Dad, and I have seen - way back when - some pics that looked like modeling type shots from when you were probably in high school (which indicates at least a participation in photography), but did you do any extensive picture taking before 2012?

I ask because you have done some great work, and have a natural talent.

So, viewing from my perspective, I can see that all you've gotta do is keep doing it. And I like the sub-heading on your page, too, below your name : Artist.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):) 

No comments:

Post a Comment