Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Back From Towsley Canyon (I'm Home) (Harvest)

Hi, my Angel,

I love your post! I just got home a few minutes ago after picking Pearl up from Golden Agers, and I saw it. That will be us before you know it, husband and wife. :):) Well, wife, you are gonna think your husband is a little crazy, because I went on another Hot Hike just a little while ago. About three miles total in this place called Towsley Canyon, which is on the back (North) side of the Santa Susanas. It's on the way to Newhall, near Placerita Canyon but not that far. About 13 miles from Pearl's. I had plenty of time to check it out, and at first there isn't a lot to see. I mean, it's beautiful, with great mountain views, but I am always looking for Strange Stuff. But then, after walking in a ways, you come to this gorge called "The Narrows" (it says so on the map, lol). It's a skinny little canyon between two rocky bluffs, and it was the highlight of my hike. This was true Boondocks, with rocks all over the trail, and a big ol' buzzing beehive nearby in a crevice.

I almost chickened out and didn't pass it. I thought, "What if those are Africanized bees"?

If they are, I'm toast! But then I thought that surely someone would have found out that unfortunate fact before me, even though I was the only one there on this particular day. So I passed the beehive and went through The Narrows. The bees didn't bother me, they just kept buzzing around. The whole trail is 5.6 miles, and I will do it one day when it's cooler. It was closing in on 100 today. But I am always well-hydrated, and covered-up (hat, shades, long sleeves, sunscreen). I took a few pictures as always, and I will post a few.

I thought of you while I was looking at some of the rock formations, and the rocks on the ground, too. It looks to be something different than the sandstone you see in the mountains and big boulders on the Valley side. Granite, maybe? I don't know. But I thought of you because I saw your post earlier this morning of the Lammas altar. I will have to do some Googling for more info on that altar, but I see different stones on the table, along with the symbols, candles and pictures.

Well, I am gonna post this now because I have gotta run to the Rite Aid pharmacy to pick up a prescription for Pearl before I head back for my 4:30 shift. I will post my pics this evening, when I get back.

I Love You, Elizabeth!  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

7:25pm : Hi, my Darling. I just posted some Towsley pics on FB. They are the usual fare, but it's fun to get a few from each location. Hey, here's a question for you. I know you can't really answer it, so it's rhetorical, but lately, whenever I pull my SD photo card adapter out of the jack, I get a message that pops up on the screen : "whoa there! When ejecting SD card, be sure to use the Files app". When I used to use CSUN computers, which had Windows, there was always a "safe eject" popup that told me when it was okay to safely eject my photo card. On my Chromebook, I've never seen any such popup, and in all my searching I can't find any "safe eject" app or mechanism. I've just been pulling the adapter out, ever since I got the Chromebook. But now I see I could corrupt my SD card and make it unreadible, which would be a horrific tragedy! So I can't have that happen.

I know you aren't able to answer. I'm mainly asking just to ask. I'll keep Googling and if all else fails I'll stop at Best Buy tomorrow and ask one of The Geek Squad.

Well, my hike at Towsley was at least 3 miles, so I've got it easy tonight (oh boy!). So, I am gonna hang out all evening and do my last little stretch later on.

I hope you are enjoying your evening, and I Love You very much! And, I'll be back later at the usual time.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

12:05pm : Sorry I am posting late, I was just trying to Google the solution to the SD card problem cause I wanted to upload some photos to Flickr. I still haven't found the correct way to eject the card, but I posted 'em anyway. I also Googled Lammas, and I see it is a rite of harvest, and of corn in particular. At the beginning of August.

I am a layman when it comes to Paganism, or even organised Christianity. I don't know any specifics, but what I do know - and it's freaking amazing, and you know it too - is the way the land feels.

The way of the surroundings. Their way, when there are no people around.

Well, just me. I am around, but I am quiet, and want to hear them talk. The surroundings.

So even though I don't know the specifics, I can feel them. That is why I have felt compelled to make these treks.

Once I started, I just got pulled in.

In ancient times, there were no distractions of progress to interfere with this feeling. What is amazing is that the land holds that energy, that feeling, that power.

And it just sits there and holds it.

And when you finally notice, you notice.

In the world, all the cars go by, people are busy.

But inside the land, the feeling is held on to. The Landscape = Patience.

Permanence.

That's the feeling I get, my Darling, when I go to My Places. And it blows me away. Not just the nature - "Oh, isn't it beautiful" - but the silent, patient power. The knowledge.

And that's all I know, for tonight.

I Love You, Elizabeth. Sweet Dreams........

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment