Saturday, July 12, 2014

Chillin' & Sending Love :):) (Babies) (a great Summer)

Hi, my Darling,

Just checking in to say I'm home. I've been home for a couple hours, just getting situated and relaxing. Did my shopping earlier this afternoon, sans sister Vickie once again. Well, now I'm off til next Thursday at 4:30. I hope you are having a great day. I will be around all evening except for walk time later on.

I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

10:10pm : Hey Beautiful Girl, did you see the moon tonight? It was real big and round, a Supermoon they called it. Because it was a Full Moon, it reminded me again of that particular Full Moon........one I am sure we will always remember. I had a fun evening. I was thinking about the Santa Susanas, because I've been up there a lot lately, and I've also done some Googling about the movie ranches that used to be there, and I remembered that I have an old dvd, the kind you used to be able to get at the 99 Cent Store, what they call a "public domain" film because it's so old that the copyrights have expired. I bought a ton of old horror films and other public domain stuff when they used to have 'em at 99 Cent, and one of the ones I bought was an old Western called "Paroled To Die", starring a guy named Bob Steele. It turns out he was a pretty big star in what they called "Matinee Westerns", which were only an hour long and were shown at theaters in the old days as part of an afternoon program, which also included a full-length feature (and probably a cartoon, too).

Anyway, I remembered watching "Paroled To Die" with my Mom, back when we used to watch movies together, and I remembered that it was shot up in the hills there, where the Stagecoach Trail is located. So, I pulled it out and watched it again, just for fun, to see the locations. It's funny, because the rocks and hills and trails are there, but nothing else. No streets, no houses, nothing. The movie was made in 1938 and the Valley was mostly undeveloped then. I wish it still was, lol.

Even though the movie was a little cheesy, it was still fun and held my attention, so now I am looking for more Bob Steele films from that era. :)

I will check back in, in a little while.

And hey, Sweet Baby! Tonight, I am your Baby, as per Humans Of New York. Very often You are my Baby, but tonight it's the other way around. I love it!

And in truth, we are always Each Other's Baby, all the time.

I Love You, Elizabeth!  xoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo :):)
                                                     (there's two in a row in there somewhere)

(back in a bit)

11:45pm : I am enjoying the Schumann piece. Perfect nighttime piano music with lots of tone. Thinking about you and hoping you had a nice day. One thing I wanna do during my days off is to do a drawing, pastels or colored pencils, just to do it. In 2011, I was doing a lot of drawing, most nights in fact. They were all abstract, but I have a box full of them because I got so into it that year. And I haven't done any since, so I think I will try just one, sometime in the next few days.

When you need to do something, you can feel it calling you. "Oh, there I am, thinking about it again". Something you fancy or enjoy doing will cross your mind ("remember when you used to draw"?...) and you go "oh, yeah. That was fun, wasn't it"? But then it crosses your mind again.

And then again.

And you realise it's trying to tell you something.

"Draw".

And so, at that point, you decide to make some time to do it.

That's an example of how the creative mind sustains itself. It suggests things, in the constant thought-stream of daily life.

"Take a walk". Okay, I do that all the time.

"Notice the trees".  Yeah, I love those too.

It's not easy to break out of the daily routine, but the creative mind doesn't give up.

"Look for patterns". Okay. Now I am alert! (and connected).

The creative mind has ways of getting your attention, and it is persistent.

I have been exploring the perimeters of the Valley, ever since I saw that photo of "Garden Of The Gods" about a year ago. I had no real interest in hiking a year ago, although the silhouette of the Santa Susanas have always fascinated me for as long as I can remember. And so, all it took was a trigger. The photo, on FB, of The Garden.

I've been exploring ever since. And it would not have occured to me to do so had I not seen that photograph.

So that's the creative mind, badgering it's owner.

"Hey you! Do another drawing"!

After hearing it a few times, you just go "okay". And then you do one.

So it's something I will do during my time off. Just to do it.

I Love You, Elizabeth. This is a great Summer.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment