Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Lucky Guy (that's me) :):) (Placerita) (Blend)

Happy Noontime, my Darling,

I love the four-leaf clover! I have never found one, and that's probably because you are finding them all, lol. You can be lucky for both of us, but in truth, I am very lucky too, and You are the reason. :):)

I like all your posts this morning. That Victor Hugo quote is awesome, and that power of nature, the way it communicates, is what I was trying to describe last night.

It's another hot one today, but I am gonna head out in a few minutes and maybe drive back up to Lilac Lane to scope out the trailhead there. At some point I wanna do the north half of Santa Susana State Park, which is where Spahn Ranch is located, and I think it has to be accessed from Lilac, so today is mainly just to have a look. If it's not a major-league downhill type of thing, I may start walking and see how far I can go in, but I also have to fill out and mail Grimsley's birthday card (his b-day is tomorrow), and I wanna go over to FedEx Kinko's to use their printer to make him a copy of one of my Aliso Canyon pictures, to put in the card. Then whatever time I have left before my afternoon shift I will use to check out the trailhead.

It's a beautiful day, my Angel!

I Love You, from your Lucky Guy.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

(back at 4:30)

7:05pm : Good Evening, my Darling. I am home. I wound up not going to Lilac Lane this afternoon because it was roasting hot, and I have a pretty good idea that it's a downhill trail, which means it would be uphill on the way back, and even though I'm a koo-koo bird who will hike in 100 degree heat, when I do that hike I wanna take my time and not have the heat be so much of a factor. So, I was initially gonna go back up toward Towsley Canyon, to a park right next door called Rice Canyon. Although they are seperate parks, they are both part of a bigger nature area called Santa Clarita Woodlands Park. So I figured I'd check out Rice Canyon, but when I got there I passed by the trailhead because it's hard to see until you are right on top of it, and there didn't seem to be any parking. By that time, it was getting late, so I went for the tried-and-true and drove a few miles further to Placerita Canyon, which is it's own seperate park.

I had an hour and fifteen minutes before I had to drive back, so I went in about a mile and a quarter; farther than I've been before. It's mostly a nice, flat trail, which is what I wanted today, and as usual there were almost no people. I got a few nice pics. I also got Grimsley's b-day card mailed, complete with a photo from Aliso.

I get to take it easy again tonight, since I've already done half my walk, so I am just gonna hang out and read, maybe watch a movie. I hope you had a good day, and I am sure you must have because it began with the four-leaf clover!

I Love You and I will write more later at the usual time.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

11:45: Tonight, Erik Satie, one of my favorite piano composers. Music that relaxes the mind. Well, my Baby, another interesting day. I am on a real trip with all these hikes, and lately things are starting to blend together: "Hmmm, here I am driving up Sierra Highway. Didn't I just do that"? Yes, but it was a month ago. I think because I am by myself a lot, there are not a lot of reference points, so it's all one big thing, something I am inside of. Even when I go on the hikes, there is never anyone there, so it's like being in a waking dream, lol.

What it is above all is fun, and I am super grateful that I have these opportunities.

I loved the photo this morning of Yosemite, at Bridalveil Falls. What an image captured by the photographer. You know, I think I have told you that my late best friend Dave S. was so fond of Yosemite that our drummer, way back when, gave him that nickname : "Hey, Yosemite"! For a while, it was all Dave ever talked about. When we went to see Uli Jon Roth at the Reseda Country Club in 1985 (a legendary show), we hung around to meet him, and Dave gave him some photos of Yosemite that he had shot. That's how much the place meant to him, and he wanted to transfer that feeling to Uli, who we idolised.

Right now, I think my friend Dennis might be up there with his kids. He mentioned he was gonna go. I have never been there, but it will be on our itinerary for sure. Back in the 60s, and before, they used to do something called a "Firefall" over one of the Falls, maybe Bridalveil. In a Firefall, the park rangers would be up there, and they would push a whole bunch of flaming tree logs over the Falls. Pearl and her family used to camp there and she says they saw one. A "waterfall" of fire and sparks. They don't do 'em anymore because of fire hazards, but that photo this morning reminded me.

Well, my four-leaf clover finding Angel, that's all I know for tonight.

What an amazing month it's been! (and we still have a day left)......

I Love You, Elizabeth, and I will see you in the morning.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment