Sunday, July 13, 2014

Super Sleep-In (Gotta Draw) (hooked)

Good Morning, my Angel,

Wow......now that was a sleep-in! I woke up a little while ago, the clock read 10:30. Nine hours sleep. Usually on my first night off, my body automatically reacts to it's normal schedule and I wake up around 6:30 and then go back to sleep. Not this time. I was out cold, but I know I needed it!

Now I am having some coffee. Oatmeal and banana coming up, then I'll join you in a cup of mead for the soccer final. Go Germany! I picked 'em to win it all a while back.....

Later on I may wander about aimlessly. I'll know when the time comes, haha.

Right now all I know is that I Love You!

I'll check back in later on.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

7:40pm : Okay, I actually did it (not that it's any big deal to do, but) I did get out a set of chalk pastels that my sister had given me two or three years ago. Then I got out a piece of typing paper. I know I've gotta get a real sketch pad, but I used to use typing paper and it works good in a pinch. And, I have been working on a drawing for the first time in three years. Oh boy! :)

I am doing it for the reasons stated last night. Because something has been bugging me to draw. And last night we talked about why that happens, and how very often we don't listen to that inner voice.

So this time I took my own advice. I took a walk a little while ago, just down to the Oviatt and back, and I told myself "I will draw when I get back", even though I wasn't feeling any real urge at the moment. But I knew the Inner Voice would remind me again if I didn't, so when I got back at about 6:45, I did.

I've never used chalk pastels before, so it's kinda smudgy. And, I have no real ability to draw. But I love to start sketching and see what the end result is! Right now I have about a third of the paper covered. I will start up again in a few minutes and do some more, but I wanted to check in cause I Love You and think you are Wonderful, and also because I am having fun. And also because You are An Artist, and you understand these things.........:):)

(back in a bit)

11:40pm : I did not finish my drawing this evening but I did get the feel back, of how I was doing them in 2011 when I was drawing every night. It's a blast, and now I see how I got hooked. For me it is like automatic writing, just let the subconscious dictate the movements of the arm, wrist and fingers. What is interesting, with visual art (painting and drawing) is the effect the "hand tools" have on the end result. When I was painting in 1995 at the Burton Street house with Mr.D, I think I did my best work with this type of art, because using paint brushes, and standing up, really allowed me to get a rhythm going. It's interesting how rhythm plays a part in so many art forms, even writing. Using paint brushes allowed me to sweep, and get more of my body into it, moving around the canvas, etc.

When I am sitting and drawing, all the focus goes into the wrist, which tends to move more quickly than the whole arm with the wrist and hand as the control point, as in painting.

But I still had a blast, just because it's fun to draw. I will finish this one tomorrow.

Another great day, I think. Germany won the Cup, and we love those Germans (one in particular)......
I had a nice sleep-in and feel rested, so that was good too. A nice, quiet Sunday, all in all. I hope you enjoyed the day, and your weekend.

I Love You and will see you in the morn, probably a little earlier than 10:30 this time, lol.

Sweet Dreams, my Darling Elizabeth.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment