Monday, March 2, 2015

Happy Monday Love (evening love from home) (history & time & curiosity)

Good Morning, my Darling,

I am at home. No other appointments until 4:30, so I am just gonna get settled and see what's happening. Needless to say, I was elated to see your posts this morning. Their messages went straight to my heart. And, I see that I was right about the triangles, too, so that's really neat, not only because it explained the issue, but because of the way it came to me; it really was like a "thought message", received as I came out of sleep and with instant clarity.

So, it's a good day. Just keep doing what you are doing, with your prospect of a new band video, and with Paul (maybe you are doing a promo video for Megatone?), and with all of your photographic prospects and projects, be they for clients or just for yourself. I love the gnome house picture by the way, and your other winter picture too, of the bare trees across the snowy field. The gnome house reminded me of a post by an FB friend named Robert Salas. I don't know him, but he was involved in a very famous ufo incident at Malmstrom Air Force Base in the 1960s. Nowdays, he is a very spiritual guy, and he recently posted a pic of a small "fairie house" he built, and because I believe in those things (fairies, woodland spirits, etc), I hit the "like" button when I saw his fairie house. That's also why I like to depict trees the way I do, to try and find their "personality".

Anyway, I love the gnome house.  :)

Just keep doing what you are doing. Good things are gonna keep happening.

I Love You!  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

(happy me)

7:15pm : Hi, Sweet Baby. I just wanted to say I am home, and I love you and I also love the picture of the girl on the mountaintop, looking into the distance. I love the beautiful message in Spanish as well. It's amazing how much the landscape in Spain, at least that part of it, resembles Chatsworth here in the Valley. In fact, before I saw the comment above the photo, that it was Madrid, I even thought you had indeed found a photo taken either in or near Chatsworth, or somewhere like Mojave in Southern California where there are similar rocks. But Spain, yeah.........very similar landscape.

But most of all I loved the photo itself, and the message.

I am gonna check the sky in a minute here, and if it even looks semi-clear I am gonna go for my walk real quick. No walk yesterday and only a half-walk Saturday, because of constant rain, makes me restless and in need of some exercise, lol. So, here I go (hopefully), and I will see you later tonight at Pearl's at the usual time.

I Love You (Te Quiero)!  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

11:55pm : Happy Late Night, my Darling. I am here at Pearl's kitchen table. All is quiet, Black Kitty was with me a little while ago but then she wanted out. She is still skittish in the house, so she probably went back to the shed, which is what she's used to. I am doing some Googling and visiting a website called archives.gov, because I wanna find out how to obtain my Dad's military records from WW2. I wish I would have asked him more about it when he was alive, but he only ever told anecdotes about the war, and never talked about the day-to-day experience. So, I am trying to find out anything I can about what he did, or what unit he was with and what they did. Dad was a staff sergeant in a radar battalion, which would have been part of the Signal Corps, so he wasn't in combat, but it was still World War Two, and I am a history buff, so I will try to obtain any records I can, even though they are going on 75 years old.

I was tripping out earlier, on my way home at 6:30, because I was thinking about my Grandma Louise (Dad's Mom). She is in a couple pictures on my Flickr, and she was born in 1885! That means that she was already 31, even when World War One started, and she passed away in 1937, before World War Two even started. I have mentioned before that we seem to have long generational turnarounds in my family. For instance, another person could have the same birth year as me, 1960, and have parents who were born in 1940 and grandparents born in 1920. That's the other extreme, when you have generational turnovers of 20 years, and in fact that's the actual period of a what we call a generation, in actual terms : 20 years. That measurement is due to the fact that in earlier times, people had children early, due to factors like living in an agricultural society (i.e. needing children to help on the farm), and a shorter life span. So you can still see families where the mother has a baby at 18, and the grandma is under 40. But my grandma died long before I was born, and so once again, I am fascinated by the time aspect of it all.

And the history. And I think imagery has a lot to do with the perceptions of how generations "were", meaning what their day-to-day life was like. When you see photos - old photos - of people from Grandma Louise's time, it looks like an entirely different world, with only hints of modernity. The clothing, hairstyles, furniture, even the physicality and facial expressions of people from that time look different.

And yet, I tell myself, it was only a little over a hundred years ago. So how different could they be? I think if you strip away all the accoutrements - clothing, technology, styles of the times - I think if you had a get-together of people from perhaps the last three or maybe even four hundred years, they would all understand each other to a certain extent. Generation-wise, four hundred years is only 20 "grandmas", so it's really not so far back. And if you are from my family of extended generational turnarounds, four hundred years is more like 10 or 12 grandmas. So it's all pretty far out, I think. I've never had any relatives, just my immediate family. Mom and Dad were both "only children". Mom was an orphan, and was adopted out of an orphanage in Cincinnati at six months old. Then she was on her own again by age 19, by which time both of her adoptive parents had passed away. But Mom had a lot of family friends who helped her get started in the world, and she had been a good student (Dean's List, National Honors Society, stuff like you achieved), and so she wound up with her radio show at WLW.

Dad had somewhat of a similar situation. He wasn't born an orphan, but he never knew his own Dad, who split before he was born. So it was just him, his Mom (Grandma Louise) and his own granny. Dad's Mom got tuberculosis in 1937, when Dad was 17, and she was a follower of Christian Science, so she believed it was up to God's will whether or not she'd get better, and she did not. So, Dad was not entirely on his own as a teenager, as Mom was - he still had his own grandmother - but he'd lost his mother when he was 17, and he never knew his Dad.

So, when I was a kid, I had no grandparents, no aunts, uncles or cousins. Just our nuclear family.

So I have a kind of dual experience of thinking of my long-gone relatives in some distant past, but also knowing that it wasn't really that long before me that they were alive.

And what's really weird is that, prior to Grandma Louise's time, most houses didn't even have electricity, or phones, certainly no TV sets, no radios, and only basic refrigeration.

So it's really a trip, that what we think of as the "modern world" only goes back a couple generations, in some cases like that of my family.

I am of course fascinated by all of this stuff. :)

One thing you can do, as you proceed and continue to develop in your artistic career, is to give thought to history, especially personal or local history, as presented in a documentary format. You don't even have to purposely set out to write or create anything in that regard, but it's fun to consider, because like me, in my search for Dad's military records, you might uncover an interesting mystery as you study or ponder your local and generational history. And some day you might find it a source for a project.

You never know, and it's always interesting to discover something that makes you curious, and which leads to more discovery and more curiosity.

That's all I know for tonight, my Baby.

It's super late, I know, so I send you Sweet Dreams in your sleep, and I will see you in the morn.

I Love You, Elizabeth!  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment