Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Happy Tuesday Love & Marriage (movie) (getting married)

Good Afternoon, my Darling,

I am home a little later than usual from dropping Pearl off at Golden Agers because I took the Kobester to Reseda Park for a walk around the duck pond. We saw Canada Geese, too. That's what they call 'em, not "Canadian" Geese, but Canada Geese. That's what the signs say, anyway. :) We had fun at the park, and even though it seems to be clouding over once again as I write, it was very nice to have a warm, sunny morning after several days of rain and L.A. Cold.

I love your post from a little while ago! Of course, it could have a couple of meanings, one being a straightforward "like" for the success of your friend Emily.......

But it could also have another message (hint, hint), and that one could be said to be straightforward as well, since it's a message you've posted many times before over the last couple years, and since we've actually talked about it once or twice before, especially back in 2012 and early 2013.

Yeah, we could get married. Of course we could! We can already consider ourselves spiritually married, but if you ever wanna talk about the real thing, just let me know. I know that of course there are all kinds of issues to consider, and that it's one of the biggest decisions a person can make, but in the meantime, we can pontificate a little bit about it, if you wanna.  :):)

Maybe just some general speculation and pontification later tonight, just for fun (but in all seriousness too!).

I hope you are enjoying your afternoon. It's Tuesday, so typical Golden Agers schedule. Other than that, I'm around all day at one computer or another.

I Love You!  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

(back in a bit)

6:55pm : Good Evening, Sweet Baby. I am home, and I think I might go for my walk right away, because it's not raining at the moment, and also because I've got a movie from the Libe that's due tomorrow, another one from director Bela Tarr called "Almanac Of Fall". So I think I will give it a shot, and then I will be back later at the usual time at Pearl's. Hope you are having a nice evening!

I Love You and will be back in just a little while.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

12:05am : Happy Late Night, my Angel. Sorry I'm so late again, but I've been cooking since I got back to Pearl's. I had a package of ground turkey that I wanted to cook up so I wouldn't have to do it tomorrow, so I've been making and refrigerating turkey burgers, which I will eat up over the next few days. I also made more brown rice and veggies, which is currently my go-to late night snack. Anyhow, I'm all done cooking now, and here I am.

The Bela Tarr movie was quite a bit different from the one I saw last week. That one was "The Man From London", made in 2008, and it was excellent, the work of a top notch avant garde director. The one I saw tonight, "Almanac Of The Fall", I ordered from the Libe just because it was made by Bela Tarr. I didn't know that it was one of his first films, maybe even his first, but it showed. It was made in 1984, almost a quarter century earlier, and while some directors come right out of the gate at the top of their game (think David Lynch with "Eraserhead"), this was not one of those instances. It was, I suppose, a good film, but it was shot on videotape and thus had that "staged" look. What is it about tape that makes soap operas, for instance, look artificial? There is a sheen to a videotape image, and also a shallow depth of field. Turn on a soap opera just for the heck of it and you'll see what I mean (if they still shoot soaps on video, that is). Anyway, the movie must have been made for Hungarian TV, and it was more like a play than a film, a story of a woman who runs a boarding house, and the four extremely dysfunctional people who live with her, one being her son. Compared with the high-level filmmaking of "The Man From London", this one was clearly the work of a director still finding his feet, but I will chalk it up to my continuing filmic education.

So where were we? Oh yeah : marriage! Well, to really explore that subject, you need two people - me and you - but I can offer a few lighthearted thoughts of my own, just as a what-if. We could definitely get married, Sweet Baby, and I bring up the subject because you have posted pictures of brides and also the Emily Tebbets post in the last 48 hours. Of course, we would have to meet, and get to know each other in person (which probably wouldn't take long), but you know what I mean - all the practical stuff that would go with getting married.

On the lighthearted side, from my standpoint, we would have a serious but very easygoing marriage. Serious in the sense of vows and devotion but lighthearted in the sense of not pressuring each other or trying to "mold" the other into meeting preconceived expectations. Through all of our unique form of communication over the past few years, I think we both have established that we are not that kind of people. We are not conventional people who would "expect" a spouse to conform to certain societal conventions.

If you married me, you would be marrying a guy who will be 72 when you are 40, so that's something to keep in mind. I do try to stay in shape, though, and I have generally good health (thank the Lord). Basically, though, nothing would become a major issue, because we have talked about so much stuff already. We have even talked about a general "picture" of an evening at home, of one of us perhaps painting in the living room while another is reading or writing. It could be any art form.

But I think that neither one of us is high-maintanence, or demanding in any way. I am an Aries, and I am extremely easy going (I think), just so long as the other person is. If I were with some stereotypical "L.A. Chick", the kind that you might meet at a dating site, and she started to ask "what do you do"?, "what college did you go to"?, "how much do you make"?, "what are your career goals"?, etc., well, first of all I would never date a person like that, second of all, I don't go on dates because I have always been shy, and I am kind of a unique person, but if I actually was trapped with a high-expectation, high maintainence caricature woman like that, first I would start laughing, and then I would either show her the door or go looking for it myself.

There is a reason so many marriages don't last long anymore, and it is because of those kind of materialistic pressures that arise from the belief systems of aggroed-out modern people.

And of course you already know that I am about as far removed from being like that as I can possibly be.

So really, other than first talking to each other, and then eventually meeting and finally getting to know each other in person, our getting married would not entail too many Big Questions. Where to live would be one, but we could talk about that. The "age thing" would be another, not so much now, maybe, but down the road when you are 50 and I am 82 (yikes! - but I do stay in shape!). But we already know about money, and how it is most important for security rather than material things, which is important to know for artists. Artists can strike it rich - and may they do so, Lord - and when they do, then they can think about materialism. But until then, an artist must consider money from the standpoint of security, or as I have put it in the past, as long as you've got your bills paid, you are stylin'. You are then in control of your own destiny.

I've said much of this in the past, a couple years back. But getting married, as I speculate late this night, would overall be pretty easy I think. We would certainly have the dough to get started. And as I said back in 2012, when I was being bold : "sometimes if you just jump into something, you don't give yourself a chance to get cold feet". I think marriage is kinda like that. You know if you love somebody. And if you do, of course there are some practical issues to work out. But once you work out those issues, you can just take the plunge and jump in with both feet, and get married.

And then let love and adventure take over.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

Sweet Dreams, Elizabeth. I Love You!

No comments:

Post a Comment