Sunday, December 8, 2013

Christmas Card (My Angel)

Hey Sweet Baby, I'm home! The first thing I wanna say is that is a beautiful photograph of the decorated tree in the forest. It looks like a Christmas card, such a pretty scene. Today was another busy one for me, back and forth to church, then Kobi/CSUN, then I drove up to Granada Hills for their annual Christmas parade. G.Hills is the town just north of Northridge, the parade route is about 2 miles from my place. They've been having the parade for 30 years now, and every high school band in the area gets in on the act. All kinds of civic leaders, too, and ROTC, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, a whole troupe of Labrador Guide Doggies went by. Custom cars, fire engines, motorcycle cops. The whole town gets in on the act, so it's fun.

I saw your Latin project this morn, and I was gonna say that my Dad would have been impressed. I am too, of course, but Dad especially because he was the head of his Latin club at Goshen College and took Latin all four years. Me, all I know is English, lol, although I do try to speak it properly. :)

But you sure have a talent for languages. I predict an excellent translation!

I am gonna do The Usual. I will be here til 8:30 or 9, then go out into the Frozen Northridge Night for the rest of my walk. I already did part along the parade route! I'll write more later.

I Love You, my Darling.   xoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

11:05pm : I am listening to harpsichord music by Louis Couperin. The George Strait song I posted earlier, I heard for the first time today at the Christmas parade. There was a flatbed truck with all these little kids on it, dressed as Santa and his Elves, and they were all supposed to be in a bakery. They were stirring and mixing, play acting being bakers, and that song was playing over a loudspeaker. I heard the lyrics, so of course I had to Google it to see who it was. ;)

Well, it was a good weekend all around. I am really enjoying this Christmas season, the first one we have ever spent together. I am taking time to enjoy each day, and to notice the little things that make them special.

Soon I will bury myself under the covers, and dream of you and I together.

And then I will see you in the morning.

I Love You, my Angel.   xoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment