Thursday, December 12, 2013

SuperGenius (My Baby) (A Great Day)

Good Morning, my Latin Reading, Beautiful Music Playing Angel,

I just wanted to say Hi and I Love You. Maybe the Eric Whitacre post means you are still working on your Latin translating project? Well, I will stop speculating and just let the Finals be Final, haha. Then at some point, they will Final-ly be over!

Now wait a minute - you, a Nerd? I don't believe it! (I'm stickin' with SuperGenius).

Well, it'll be another morn/early afternoon of driving around. I am taking Pearl to another Church-related Christmas Party at 11am, then running errands, then picking her up about 2 or 2:30ish. So I should be back here around 3pm.

I am glad that Neige likes Smashing Pumpkins. They were one of my favorite bands in the early 90s, and made two records that are absolute classics : "Gish" and "Siamese Dream". Those albums have a guitar sound that is really unique: super distorted yet ultra melodic. Check 'em out if you've never heard them (but you probably have).

I Love You, Elizabeth! See you in a little bit.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

3:10 : I'm back. I take it from your first post that you are still studying. I know the UW website said this was the last week of classes, so maybe there are still tests to come next week. That's how it is at CSUN. They will finish up a week from tomorrow. You may have seen a couple of my posts about the Oviatt; they've had Therapy Dogs up there for stressed out students to pet. Hey, it works in retirement homes and hospitals! Students need doggie love, too. :)

I also like James the Cat, firstly because he's a cool cat, and secondly because he's got a cool name........

I am gonna do part of my walk now, then come back and head back to Pearl's. She had fun at her party. Tonight is the final Fassbinder film, "Querelle", which I have never seen. After tonight, though, I'll have seen 13 of his 37 films, and I want to eventually see 'em all. I went into this retrospective thinking I might not like it (cause he had an image as a Weird German Dude), and now he's one of my favorite directors. So you never know.....

I will be around at Pearl's and then again when I get back from the movie, at the usual time : 9:45-10pm.

You are My Baby and I Love You So Much!   xoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

11pm : Hey, my Darling. I hope you saw my FB post earlier. The Professor who runs the Cinematheque was giving a Final in one of his classes, so the movie didn't start til almost 8pm. Well.....as I said earlier, I do love Fassbinder's films, having seen quite a few of them now, but because he is so idiosyncratic, you don't always know what to expect from him. This one was not, in my opinion, one of his better films. Obtuse would be the word I would use. It was pretty lurid also. When he's great, he's great - which is most of the time. I haven't seen too many movies where I have no idea what it's about, but this was one of them. It was from a Jean Genet novel, so maybe that's the reason (not that I've read any Jean Genet)......

Anyway, I'm glad to be home. And, I thought everything felt so good today, just everything coming together at the end of an incredible year. Wow, y'know? Sometimes you have to take a step back to take it all in, but I can tell that you are very happy, and that makes me so happy. I find that what works really well in life is just to stay with your Good Things, and let good feelings build and multiply. Always hold that energy in. Whenever you feel really good about something, let it resonate inside you, all day, and then sleep on it. And what happens is that the good energy becomes like a battery that is always charged up and ready to power you.

Well, my Super Nerd (and Genius), I think today was a great day. Tomorrow will be too, so I'll wish you Sweet Dreams and see you in the morn.

I Love You!   xoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment