Thursday, December 19, 2013

Warmth (Beyond Measure) (Soup) (Together)

Good Morning, my Angel,

I am home now. We got caught in the rain on our dogwalk, so Pearl & I and Kobi got a little wet. But as they say, "we need the rain". Me : "No we don't"! :) Lol, of course we do, but today will only be a drop in the proverbial bucket. It may keep the crickets in the ground, so there's always a silver lining.

Those are absolutely beautiful pictures and sentiments you posted a little while ago, Elizabeth. I just want you to know that I Love You beyond measure, you are everything to me.

I agree that the warmth of Spring and Summer is preferable to Winter weather, though I don't experience what you do in that regard. But know that I am with you in heart & soul, and we will have a beautiful, memorable Christmas, and then before you know it, Spring will be here again. We are gonna have an awesome 2014, my Darling.

Well, I am just gonna stay inside for the time being. I think I'll slice up the onions I bought for my onion soup, then take 'em over to Pearl's and cook the soup this evening. It's definitely Onion Soup weather today. So, I'll be around, thinking about you, and how much I love you and can't wait to be with you, and I will send you my love.

Best of luck with any/all exams today, too. (Crazy about that FBI/dorm stuff, so stay safe).

I Love You Always.    xoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

10:55 : Beyond Measure, my Baby.......I just had to check in again because I can feel your love inside me, washing over me, through me. I Love You So, So Much. My Elizabeth, my Beautiful Angel.

7pm : Good Evening, my Baby. I'm home. I had my soup for dinner, it came out really good! Easiest soup in the world to make - once you slice your onions, you're pretty much ready to go. Because it's just me eating it, I put in some garlic, too. I love garlic! Also some black pepper. Some thyme. The only thing I didn't have was a bay leaf, I forgot to get a bag of 'em at the store. But next time. All you do is put your sliced onions in a soup pot/large kettle with a little bit of olive oil or butter, and saute 'em until they're transluscent. Then you pour in your broth and you're good to go. Simmer for 25 minutes. Add whatever spices you like. The main ones for French Onion Soup are thyme and bay leaf, but you can add anything. The standard broth is beef broth, but you can use vegetable broth for a vegetarian version. A good rule of thumb is one medium sized sliced onion per 8oz cup of broth. That sounds like a lot of onion, but they really cook down, and onion soup should have a lot of onion, anyway. They always say to use guyere cheese, and melt some over French bread, toast it, then float it on top of the soup. That's the deluxe official version. Since I was at work, I just did the quickie version and sprinkled some Parmesan on top of some sourdough bread that we had on hand. Still delicious.

I made 32oz worth (4 cups broth/4 sliced onions, etc) and I ate about a third of it, so I still have plenty left. Great on a chilly night.

Well, I am on Standard Evening Schedule. Walk at 8:30.

I Love You, can't wait to go on a walk with you!   xoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

(back in a bit) 

11:20pm : Hey Elizabeth, I need help with a Latin translation : "Te amo ab imo pectore".

:):)

Today was a beautiful day, my Darling. I loved thinking about you and about us together. It would be fun to cook together, if you like cooking. I really haven't done much, being a bachelor, lol, but I bet it would be fun to try.

Since I'm in a soup mode, my next one will be a simple vegetable soup. It's a winter thing, and another form of creativity.......

Well, that's all I know for tonight. It rained here, was cold in Middleton, but we are warm together.

I Love You, Elizabeth.    xoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment