Thursday, April 10, 2014

A Beautiful Day, Both Here & There (Pictures)

Good Morning, my Darling,

I just wanted to wish you a happy and fun day, and to say I love this morning's picture of the two surfers. It's a beautiful scene, and even though I've never surfed, I love the ocean. But do you know what that picture reminds me of? Maybe you do.

It reminds me of :):). Because that's what the surfers are doing. So they must have been thinking of us.

I would love to go to the beach with you! And we will. Fun things are happening, and will happen in the future. I am so glad the weather has warmed up for you, and that it's nice out again. If you are having fun days, that makes me happy.  :)

Pearl and me and Kobi just got back from Balboa Park. We've been going there for dogwalks a lot lately, cause it's beautiful (and also to avoid our homeless burglar buddy, who still seems to be around, though less and less, which is a Good Thing). So, it's a nice day both here and in Middleton, and I am thinking of you.

There is no CSUN movie tonight because of Spring Break. I am gonna take Pearl to the hair salon in a few minutes, and then I'll be around, here or there, for most of the day.

I Love You!  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

11:10pm : Listening to Poulenc. His solo piano work is quite good, I think. Not complex, but evocative like a painting. Tonight my friend Ryan came over. He just bought a bass and wanted me to show him some fundamentals. Back in 1982, when I was practicing all day long in my room at home, Ryan used to ask if he could come over and watch. He was 11 then. Now he's 43! But it's never too late to start, as I told him.

Other than that, my evening was usual. I hope your day was good. That was a good picture you posted this eve, the self-portrait of the lady. One thing I don't care for about my cam, and digital/automatic photography in general, is that I can't adjust the focus! I like how she achieved an out of focus focal point of the leaves and branches (if that's what they are) in the foreground, with her image diffused through that. With everything being auto focus nowdays, I can't take a diffused focus pic even if I want to. My late friend Dave was great at that. I would not have thought of it if it weren't for him, but the way his mind worked, he would adjust the focus to be purposefully blurry sometimes, with fantastic results. I think, and once again here we go with intent, that when you want to take such a photo, you have to have that inner meaning intended before you take the shot. You don't necessarily have to know what you are after, but you have to know you are after something. Some inner meaning. In other words, I don't think you can just say, "oh, I'll unfocus the camera here". You have to mean it, to intend it. Just like a guitar solo. You have to mean it, or it's just a bunch of notes.

You have a pic, a b&w macro shot of what looks like reeds or pistels of flowers, and it is mostly soft focus, shallow depth of field, with maybe a small section in focus. I love stuff like that.

Well, it was a good day. I wish you sweet dreams, and you know I love you.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment