Thursday, April 24, 2014

Avocados Are A Must (Sweet Dreams)

Good Afternoon, my Darling,

I'm checking in real quick to say hi, and also to tell you that You Are Awesome and I Love You. I am gonna go run to the store in a few minutes, cause I'm all out of avocados, and you know that's an intolerable situation, haha. Then when I come back I'll go for my afternoon walk. Hopefully it'll be a little cooler by then. Tonight is the Thursday Movie, of course, and we are gonna see Ray's "The Chess Players", another one I haven't seen, and it's supposed to be one of his best. It's another long one, about 2hrs. 10 mins., so I should be home about 10 to 10:15 pm.

I see by your post that the enthusiasm for school is all gone. If I am not mistaken, the same thing happened last year at about this time. I say don't worry, just coast through the rest. You'll still get straight As! My own enthusiasm for school ran out in 11th grade, lol........(good grief, Ad, get a grip).  ;)

Well, time to go get those avocados. I'll write more later tonight, but will be around at Pearl's, too, 4:30 to 6:30.

I Love You!  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

11:20pm : I am back, after the movie and then a late night walk. "The Chess Players" was good, though more of a satire/big budget Ray, and less a meditative or gut-level Art Film. Still, the guy can seemingly do no wrong. It's the story of the British takeover of an Indian province, via their East India Company. The King of this province is a poet and songwriter and is thus viewed as ineffectual (i.e. a wimp) by the bullish Brit overlord, and so he is given a choice; to abdicate or be overthrown by force. Meanwhile, the other half of the story is carried by the two Chess Players, wealthy landowners who want nothing more than to be able to play chess, all day every day. Chess as metaphor for the British takeover and rule of India. But also chess because these guys love it so much. That's where the comedy comes in.

All of Ray's films can be interpreted on more than one level. This one is a little more straightforward, but very entertaining.

Well, nice lady, you are probably already asleep, and you will be working on your film starting tomorrow. Do I have that right? I think so. I wish you all the best results, and a lot of fun making it. I know you had a blast last year.

So, I will see you in the morn. Sweet Dreams until then.

I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment