Saturday, April 26, 2014

I Love You From Pearl's (Black Sabbath)

Good Evening, my Darling,

You are no doubt working on your film, so just a quick I Love You while I am still at Pearl's. I am gonna leave for the concert from here at 6:30. Very cool that you guys drew the sci-fi genre! Now you can make a film with flying saucers and aliens, lol. Or, you can do something ala "Star Wars"! Well, I'm sure you are having a blast. I will soon be doing the same, and I am glad it's not raining tonight. I will write more when I get home, probably about midnight or 12:30. It'll be late, but I'll be here.

I Love You!  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

12:30am : I am back, though you are probably asleep as it is very late. The show was pretty awesome. The amount of time is what blows me away the most. I first saw these guys 40 years ago this month. I mean, who does anything for that amount of time, let alone does it at the top of their game? When I was younger, we used to hear about guys like Frank Sinatra, who was still playing gigs in the early 80s after starting in the 40s. And nothing against The Chairman (because you know I love him), but he was not at the top of his game after the late 60s, really. There are some movie stars who have done it for 40 years, but even once-great actors like DeNiro have become parodies of themselves. So it's all the more amazing for rock n' rollers to do it, and especially guys like Black Sabbath, who by all rights should have been dead or finished as artists years ago, what with all the drugs & drink and everything else they've been through.

But there's something about the music, and the enduring loyalty of the fans, that creates a determination of spirit in artists like these. They seem not only indestructible but also fueled by what they have created, and intent on maintaining it at the highest level.

At any rate, even though it wasn't a full reunion, and only 3/4 of the group, it really was fantastic.

Something about the way time works, just blows me away. And the way things come full circle, and the power of certain artists and their catalogues, and their personal charismas.....

I will add more thoughts on the subject tomorrow, and hopefully this plumbing debacle will be overwith. I hope your film has been not only fun but successful thus far, and I am sure it has been both. :)

I will see you in the morn. I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment