Saturday, April 12, 2014

Magic (Great Day)

Good Evening, my Darling,

That was another excellent picture you posted this afternoon of your friend Molly. You have such good lines in that one - the curving lines of her hair and the straight and diagonal lines of where her knees and arm meet. I've said it before, but you really know how to pose your subjects. In this case, you also took the photo from an interesting mid-to-low vantage point, so that the viewer is looking slightly up while the subject is looking downwards. It's just really good, and she is another good photographic subject for you.

For me, my trees are my people, lol, and I do try to bring out the "personality" in each tree......

Today was busy : driving the Kobedoggie out to Kingdom Come, which is actually located in Canoga Park, to Le Groomer for his monthly styling. Then I met my sister for shopping. This time we were accompanied by my nephew (her son) Ali, who used to come over every weekend when he was little. Now he is 18 already! My goodness.

I did my afternoon walk, too, so I will finish up later on as usual. It's been a great week for pictures & projects. I loved the philosophy of the artist in this morning's Taya Iv post! I agree completely, as you know, with the idea of throwing out the baggage of beliefs, preconceived notions, etc, not only when it comes to art but for life in general. She is so right : "if you think it's gonna be a struggle, then it will be"! Exactly!- to repeat my comment of this morning. Some of the "art guerilla" types not only have this philosophy, but celebrate it, as if the struggle were part of the art, or the artistic process. I think if that is really the way a person sees life, and it is genuine to them (and not a pose), then it's an authentic stance and I won't criticize it. But it's totally alien to me, which is why I don't care for political art (or I should say politicized art), or politics in general. I don't like the way beliefs can separate an artist from the magic in the world. With any type of social belief, you are causing a separation in your life, an us vs. them or me vs. the world philosophy, and such an artist will be filtering everything they do through that belief system.

I like to see art as between The World (meaning The Hugeness Of Life) and me. So I am looking for The Magic, always. The Magic doesn't take sides; it just Is.

And quite the opposite of arising from a struggle, The Magic appears with ease. You just have to want it, and to look for it, and you will find it.

Art, to me, is all about celebrating the Incredible Magic of Life. So I loved that quote this morning.

Well, I am gonna either find something at Redbox (though it's getting a little late in the evening for that) or read some Joe F. Then I'll finish my walk later. Then I'll be back.

I'm glad your photo came out so good!  I Love You, Elizabeth.   xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

11:20pm : I just finished listening to the Cortot, and now I am listening to a sonata by an 18th century composer named Jan Dussek, who I'd never heard of before. Great stuff. It was chilly out tonight, I had to wear my heavy Rolling Stones jacket on my walk. Thought I was done with jackets for the year......

Now I am super-tired, can't wait for my sleep-ins! So I will see you in the morn. Today was an excellent day!

I Love You.  Sweet Dreams, my Angel.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment