Sunday, April 13, 2014

Opera at VPAC (Disneyland)

Good Evening, my Baby,

I had a fun afternoon. My sister found out about a free show at the VPAC, something billed as "Great Choruses" by the LA Opera. It was general admission seating, so we got there a little early and wound up front row center. The musicians were a pianist, the 30 chorus members, three soloists from LA Opera, and it's director, a guy named Grant Gershon who was also the conductor. It wasn't a long show, just 45 minutes, but it was fun. We heard Verdi, Puccini, Bizet, Mozart and Donizetti, and there were two audience sing alongs : to "The Anvil Chorus" from "Il Trovatore" and "Toreador Song" from "Carmen", so you know I was belting it out.......(not!)  But I did sing. :)

Vickie is an opera fanatic, and I am a fan, too, as you know. And, it's always fun to go to the VPAC. Now I'm gonna unwind a bit, and then I've gotta do most of my walk, because I only got about a mile in so far. Didn't have time to take Kobedog to CSUN......

I hope you had a nice day! Maybe you took some more photos? Something fun, for sure.

Well, I'll be back in a little while, at the usual time. I Love You!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

11:20pm : I don't know why Dusik, or Dussek, whatever the spelling, is not more famous, as this sonata is fantastic.

After tomorrow morning, I am off until next Sunday evening. I wanna go to Disneyland. I haven't been there in three years and I'm getting desperate! Wanna go with me? I'll pay, I'll drive. I've just gotta go, but I can't go by myself.......

It'll be a fun and relaxing week, regardless. And it was great to hear the opera choruses today. I hope your day was good, too.

But I need you to go to Disneyland with me.

I Love You, my Angel.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

Sweet Dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment