Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Agalloch in Madison (music)

Happy Tuesday Afternoon, my Darling,
I just wanted to say, "That's Awesome"! about the Agalloch tour dates, because not only are they coming your way, but they are gonna play your hometown! That's right, Agalloch in Madison, June 19th. So get your ticket asap. You won't even have to drive a long way for this one!
I hope your day is going well. I Love You and will be back later.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

11:35pm : I am listening to Faure. It was really nice to take it easy today, sleep in and do things on my own time. Not that I did much, lol. It was too hot out, and too bright, to go in search of photos. I am glad you are excited about Agalloch. That will be an awesome show, especially because they are touring in support of a new album. And, don't forget they usually have an interesting support act. Last time in L.A. it was Helen Money, and Worm Ouroboros. Agalloch went from never touring to now - touring every year. I don't know what was keeping them, but I guess Don Anderson would rather be a rock star than a college professor, haha.

I have been listening to the new Triptykon, and man is it good. Tom G. has added some melodic elements to the mix, and edited his songs down to a T. They are still around seven to twelve minutes long, so maybe "edited" is the wrong word. Maybe "arranged" is better, because every song is arranged for maximum hypnotic effect, and one song leads to the next. The style is similar all the way through, so it's not anything you aren't expecting. But what it is, is honed. 

And brutal. Tom is the original, nobody makes music like him, though I know he's not for everyone. But, this is his catchiest album yet!

Well, that's all I know for tonight. I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)


No comments:

Post a Comment