Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Sigh. All Is Well, It's Just Life. I Love You.

Hi Elizabeth,

I wanted to start fresh with a new blog to say goodnight with. I just want you to know that everything is okay, with me at least. I think it's great that you are working on your projects and that you are excited about them. That's the way it should be, and I always loved having a creative project too, and it often involved friends. So I know the feeling. Sometimes it's just a little tough for me, because of my schedule, and having to be "on the go" a lot (driving in traffic, back and forth), and though I am grateful for my job - and it is a great job because it affords me free hours here and there to be creative myself - it's also a little constricting because I am with one person very much of the time, and because of the situation, it is not conducive to exhilarating conversations. Such is the lot of the caregiver. I have to provide the conversation, and the uplift as well. When you caregive, you have to boost the situation because you are dealing with an elderly person. So you have to be always "on".

But anyway, I am not knocking it because this job has been a huge blessing for me. It's just that, as any caregiver will tell you, you've really gotta maintain an equilibrium in your life, in all ways (physical, emotional, mental) to stay at your best levels. And, I think I usually do.

So no worries. To paraphrase Cyndi Lauper, (Guys) Just Wanna Have Fun, and that's all I am trying to do sometimes, just have some fun, or to be part of the fun. I love new stuff, which is why it's great for me to find a new photo op, or when bands are touring, or when I've got a great book to read. I've learned to do a lot of things solitary, because I had a select gang of friends as a younger man, and, not to cast aspersions on anyone, but things change, and my best friend died, others moved away, some got married and divorced, and very few have "remained standing", meaning still intact they way they were as young people. I won't say any of my old buddies are burnouts, because that's not true, but they have their own lives, and interests, and they don't always coincide with my own. Some of my friends don't have any money and don't go to concerts. I love to still go, every chance I get. I love to go to Disneyland, too, but it's at the point where my sister, the only person who ever wanted to go to Disneyland with me, doesn't wanna go much anymore. She doesn't feel she has the energy, and it's also expensive. Disneyland is the one place you really can't go by yourself; it's an experience that must be shared.

I'll stop whining now. It's just that I have remained (or retained would be a better word) The Kid inside me, and I love to Do Stuff, to be Part Of Stuff. I've gotten used to doing everything myself, and I can do it......

.......and I still do find something interesting in each and every day. When I write blogs about being grateful and blessed - those are from the heart and not phony-baloney in any way. I guess I'm an introvert in a lot of ways, but an extrovert, too. I just like to be part of What's Happening. Anyway, so that's my spiel for tonight.

I tried to fix my Facebook back to the way it was, at least somewhat, but what I did was to add some movies and books and TV shows to my profile, to my "likes". I had fun doing it, because when I started on FB in 2008, I only filled in that stuff haphazardly. Now I will do it more seriously, a little bit at a time. And I will try to fix the photos, too.

I hope you are feeling okay. Don't worry about anything, everything is good, on my end at least. Man, that was a weird situation we had this morning at Pearl's! If you read my other blog today, you know what it was. Spooky, but manageable. Well, I will say goodnight now, and I'll wish you sweet dreams as always.

I'll see you in the morning, and it's always a given, on any day or night, that I love you with all my heart.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment