Wednesday, July 15, 2015

A Nice Hike Today (Alcest + Sweet Dreams)

Good Evening, my Darling,

I am home from Pearl's. I had a really nice, though strenuous, hike this afternoon, up a trail that I think I was only on once or twice before, the Canyon Loop trail at Towsley Canyon Park. Usually when I go there, I hike the main trail which goes way back to some rock formations called The Narrows, but this time I saw the other trail and I thought, "I'll try that". When I got a little ways in, I realised I'd been on it before, but I forgot all about the steep climb neationr the top, which takes you to the top of the Santa Susanas (the section in Santa Clarita, not Chatsworth). Anyhow, the climb is one of the steepest ones I've done, and it was nice to know I'm still in hiking shape. I went about 1.5 in, and then at the top it became a little too "ridgeline" for my comfort level. I think I've described that before - it's where you are high up with a big dropoff on one side, and all of a sudden the trail goes from wide to skinny. If it's wide, you can walk it hugging the mountainside, and not get that fear-of-heights vibe. But if it gets thinner, well, I just have a limit to what I am willing to do, especially hiking by myself and without any hiking poles (which I need to get).

But I had a blast, and it was nice and hot (yay!), and I saw that oil pit that I just posted on FB. Three miles total, so it was good on that score as well.

I saw your photo this morn before I left, the one from 2013 of Porcupine Mountain State Park. I remember when you went there! You say "take me back"!, and I hope you get to go. Are you guys gonna do a Summer road trip by any chance? I know your Mom has taken you on a couple of them, so maybe this year, too. I hope so! And, I sure would like to see it with you as well.  :)

I hope also that you had a nice day, and are enjoying your evening. I am gonna watch another of my Frankenstein movies from the Legacy Collection : "House Of Frankenstein". I'm glad I can visit his house in the movies instead of in real life.  :)

Usual schedule for the rest of the evening. I'll write more later at Pearl's.

I Love You!  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo :):)

12:20am : Hey, Sweet Baby! Great news about Alcest, eh? They'll be coming right up before you know it, and for me it'll be another back-to-back one-two concert punch, because I'll have Alcest on October 7, followed by Van Halen on the 10th. Oh boy! You know, Neige is another guy, like Mikael Akerfeldt, who never stops touring, and it's a trip because he's played here every two years starting in 2011, and every time it's been in October. This time, it might even be the same date he played on in 2013. I wonder if his management plans it out a year or two in advance, like they do for classical musicians. He is tour, tour, tour, and for Neige it's to seemingly all continents, so I bet they do plan out big blocks of time.

This will be Alcest's first time headlining here. Last time it was co-headline with Anathema, and in 2011 they opened for Enslaved at a club called The Troubador. This time, they headline, and at one of our old, restored theaters Downtown called The Regent. It's one I haven't been to yet. The tickets are low price, too, only 21 bucks (probably 30 when you add service charges).

Super cool, all in all, and just like last time in 2013, you will be seeing them about a week or so before I will.

It sure is a trip how things have progressed since 2011. I'll bet Neige would agree!

I hope you had a good day. I really enjoyed my hike, and I did watch my movie this evening : "House Of Frankenstein". This one was super weird, and had Dracula, The Wolfman and Frankenstein all in the same movie. Incredible sets and atmosphere, and ultimate weirdness, one of the best of all the "second feature" (i.e. short length 71 minute) monster films I've seen from the Universal Legacy Collections.

That's all I know for tonight, my Darling. Sweet Dreams and I will see you in the morning.

I Love You, Elizabeth.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment