Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Tuesday Night Love (left & right + sweet dreams)

Hi, my Darling,

I thought I'd check in before the usual Late Night time, just because I haven't posted yet today and also because I have a chance to - Pearl is already asleep and so is The Kobedog. I hope your day was good. I saw several of your posts. I hope you get the piano you are looking for! Something tells me that you will, and your video will proceed as planned. Your post of the tattoo guy, I don't know if you meant that as a commentary for your own situation, or if it was just a simple "like". He talks about the frustrations of losing work to other tattoo artists; I don't know if you mean that you've lost video work to other videographers, but if so - don't worry! Like I have been saying, from my vantage point it looks like things are proceeded very nicely indeed. Nothing happens all at once, the main thing is to just stick with it, and know that this is what you do.

Take the attitude that there is no turning back. You are a professional now, everything else follows from that.

Of course, I am only speculating that that's what you meant by that post. It could be that it was just a regular "like" of your friend's post, and that you are very pleased with how things are going. That's what I would guess, anyway. Especially since you just got done saying that you had a productive 4th of July weekend!

So all is probably good, I'd guess. I am gonna have a quick snack, and then I will be back at the usual Late Night time, in just a bit.

I Love You!  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

12:05am : Now I can say Happy Late Night, Sweet Baby! Not much else to report, except that I finally saw "American Sniper" this afternoon while Pearl was at Golden Agers. I had a free code from Redbox, so I got it, and having seen it, I absolutely cannot imagine what all the political brouhaha was all about. It was your basic, modern, hi-tech war movie, similar in style to so many others, like "Black Hawk Down" or "Lone Survivor". It showed some atrocities, to be sure, and some very unfortunate situations, but when compared with a movie like "Platoon", which depicted out-and-out sadism and savagery, it was pretty tame. Actually, it struck me as a sad film, and I thought Bradley Cooper did a great job in the lead role.

I don't usually get political, but that's what bugs the heck out of me about reactionaries on the Left, is that they pick-and-choose what to demonise. An incredibly brutal film like "Platoon" was okay, in 1986, because it was directed by Oliver Stone, who is as Left as you can get. And it was a great movie. But "American Sniper", which shows the horrors of war in a much tamer fashion, is turned into a political football because the protaganist, and director Clint Eastwood, are supposedly heroes of the Right. What a total bunch of baloney.

It's the same with the Left's championing of Pat Tillman, an Army Ranger who had been a professional football player. They didn't give a hoot about him until they discovered he read Noam Chomsky (who I hate to say is a brilliant man but also a phony baloney leftist whose political stances don't add up).

Anyhow, sorry to go on a rant. You know I am not that political, because politics are just a surface-level depiction of what really goes on in the world, and the combination of politics and the reporting of politics in the media on a daily basis is what serves to keep people fixated and divided, but in some cases I find myself getting just as upset over the liberal reactionary faction as I used to get upset over the Right.

At any rate, a good movie. Sometimes I've gotta say what I think about stuff, lol.

The rest of my day was just reading, and thinking. Two of my favorite pastimes.  :)

Sweet Dreams, my Baby, and sleep well. I will see you in the morning.

I Love You!  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment