Monday, July 6, 2015

Happy Monday Love (sweet dreams)

Good Evening, my Darling,

I am home from Pearl's. I saw your post & photo, and it sounds like everything went well with your recording. That's great, and I am looking forward to the results! :) Sorry I didn't post yesterday, but there was nothing to report, and I figured you were probably busy anyway. There was no choir, and I didn't do much except shop, so that sums up yesterday. Today I was really glad to hear the news about Ritchie Blackmore, as you know my favorite musician. He is gonna do some shows next year with former bandmates in Deep Purple and Rainbow, and they will be playing those songs, so I am thrilled, even though it's just for a few shows and they probably won't be in Los Angeles.

But overall, everything is good on the music front!

I am gonna do my Usual Nightly Schedule, and go for my walk in just a bit. I will be back to write more later on at Pearl's. Enjoy your evening. :)

I Love You!  xoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo :):)

12:15am : Happy Late Night. All is quiet at Pearl's, and the melatonin seems to be working. She has slept through the entire night every night since I came back to work last Thursday. Pretty amazing, eh? Not much to report for me, though I did watch a good movie this afternoon : "The Most Dangerous Game" from 1932, starring Joel McCrea and Fay Wray of "King Kong" fame. McCrea is on a boat that is shipwrecked near a mysterious island, inhabited only by a strange Russian Count and his henchmen. There he meets Wray and her brother, who soon goes missing, and then...........

Back in the 30s and 40s, they used to make shorter movies that ran from a little over an hour to maybe 75 minutes. These were called "second features" and were meant to play as the last film on a double bill. In those days, an afternoon at the movies could last quite long, with two features and a newsreel and a cartoon. At any rate, in this Age Of The Dvd, a lot of those shorter second features have found their way to disc, and this one was on Criterion, beautifully restored, and very well made indeed, considering that the movie is 83 years old now. Though I'd never before seen "The Most Dangerous Game", I knew about it since perhaps the early 1970s, because an episode of "Gilligan's Island" is based on that movie, haha, and of course "Gilligan's" is my all-time favorite TV show.

So that was my Monday Movie. I also got a Joe Farrell book in the mail, "Nazi International", which is from 2008, but one I haven't read until now.

Gotta read, gotta watch movies............let's see - what else?........oh yeah! : gotta write, gotta listen to music, gotta hike......I'm gonna try to do One Per Week this Summer, since The Great Era Of Trail Discovery was more a thing of last year, and I pretty much discovered every trail within work-time driving distance, so now I will re-visit various trails at the rate of One Per Week (hopefully), all Summer long and into Fall.

I hope you had a great day, Elizabeth. I wish you Sweet Dreams and I will see you in the morning.

I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment