Saturday, July 18, 2015

Frankie

Hi, my Darling,

Another Super Late one - I apologize. But, did you see the ":):)" song I posted on FB? If not, either give it a listen or Google the lyrics. It's too funny, it was tailor made for me and us, with the movies I've been watching and writing about lately. In the song, the guy's baby is walking down the street, when The Wolfman jumps out and grabs her and carries her away, so the guy gets on the phone and calls his buddy Frankenstein to go rescue her. :)

I mean, I know I'm a total goofball and all, but is that a riot or what? I mean, I've just been talking about those two Monsters, and now.........I find a song about them that involves me and my baby.

It's all too much, I tell you!

This afternoon I watched another one from the Legacy Collection : "Son Of Frankenstein" starring the great Basil Rathbone, best known for "Sherlock Holmes". This one had the usual great atmosphere, with a touch of German Expressionism in the sets, i.e. rooms set at cockeyed angles. shadows climbing the walls. It had a good plot, too, with Dr. Frankenstein's son returning to the familial village to inherit his father's castle. There, he meets the evil Ygor (Bela Lugosi), who shows him the hidden laboratory where the Monster lies in a coma. And of course, being a scientist and a Frankenstein, he just has to bring the Monster back to life.

I think I have now seen all the Universal Frankenstein movies (already having seen the original, and "Bride Of.."). I must say that they stand the test of time. There is nothing like them, and from an artistic standpoint they are all quite an achievement, considering that the first one was made 84 years ago.

Which goes to show that art direction, and set design, in movies, will always be more important than special effects. Atmosphere is the key word, and these filmmakers were doing it almost a century ago.

I hope you had a nice day, and I also hope that all your projects are still coming along smoothly, especially your video. I can't wait to see it!

Well, that's all I know for today. I will see you in the morning, my Baby.

I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

Sweet Dreams.......

No comments:

Post a Comment