Saturday, July 25, 2015

Saturday At The Lake + Love (sweet dreams & love)

Good Evening, Sweet Baby,

I am home. We had a nice late afternoon at Lake Balboa with Pearl & The 'Ster. Spent about an hour watching the ducks and other assorted birds. There weren't too many people walking doggies this time, maybe because of the heat. Summer is back, temps are up, clouds are gone, yippee! :) I didn't bring my camera this time, but next time I will for sure.

Sweet Baby : I triple-loved your post a little while ago via your friend Morgin. If her words apply to you - and I know they do - then I can't tell you how happy that makes me! It is wonderful to know you feel that way about your life and your experiences thus far. I've said that it's a joy to watch, and that's so true, but to know it makes you happy is twice the joy.  :):)

I loved your morning posts, too, one of a couple with the Earth as backdrop, and the other about making art, featuring an ink drawing of a dragon. Maybe you are working on a drawing too. I know you are doing something artistic! That particular post also said something (I believe) about the girl making the drawing for her Mom, or something to that effect, and I must remark that it also makes me super happy to see that your Mom is supporting your efforts. At least, it sure looks that way, on FB at least, and that again is wonderful. If there is one thing I am a huge promoter of, it's family love and harmony, so it all looks great from what I can tell. :)

I drove out to Burbank to take Sophie shopping this morn, and we had a nice time. Vickie ended up not coming over because something else came up for her, but that gave me some time to watch a movie, so I did! No, still not The Mummy series. That will be watched during my upcoming days off. Today I watched "Corridors Of Blood", a film I'd never before heard of but which I discovered in a Criterion search and then found at the Library. It stars Boris Karloff as a surgeon in 1840s England who is trying to create a method of painless surgery. I guess it was about the actual doctor who discovered anesthesia, but anyway, it was done in a Gothic Victorian kind of style, all Charles Dickens with grimy streets and disease-ridden people. It was not quite a horror film, though it had elements of horror. In that respect, it was similar to a film I saw about a year ago : "The Flesh And The Fiends". At that time, when surgery was new, doctors and hospitals in England (and likely elsewhere, too) would pay for bodies to work on, to learn the new craft, study the anatomy, etc. This of course led to some unscrupulous practices, which included.....well.......

I won't tell you what it included! You'll have to watch either "Corridors Of Blood" or "The Flesh And The Fiends" to find out. Let's just say that it included the use of shovels.

Oy! Enough already, Ad. Why cantcha just watch something nice for a change?

I'll try. Maybe a Miyazaki is in order. Or Mary Poppins. You know I love those movies, too. But I had to tell ya about today's fare. And it really was a pretty good film.  :)

Well, I'd better get ready and go on my walk. Today has been a good day, I think. I will write more at Usual Time, back at Pearl's. Enjoy the rest of your evening.

I Love You! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

12:20am : Happy Late Night, my Darling. All is quiet here at Pearl's. I am listening to KUSC, now playing 3rd Rach. Not much else to report for tonight. Tomorrow at church will be out last Sunday of choir break, and then next week we will return to singing. Oh boy! I am gonna be all out of tune and singing out of my throat, I just know it. :)

I don't like to take a break, lol.

I will be up for church in the morn, and then back home - till next Saturday - at about 1pm. I hope you had a great Saturday. Sweet Dreams for now, and I will see you in the morning.

I Love You, Elizabeth!  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment