Thursday, July 2, 2015

Everything Is Good (werewolves & artists)

Good Evening, Sweet Baby,

I am home from Pearl's, and back at work today. This morning I saw several posts by you, including your own Sweet Baby picture post, and also one about writing a song and being super happy, and also posts having to do with Megatone, so I am thinking that everything is pretty good right about now.  :)

And that makes me Super Happy!  :):)

I hope you are getting ready for a great 4th Of July weekend, and I know you are. Your song is gonna turn out great! But don't forget to watch the fireworks, too (did I already mention that? I think I did....). Well, I've run out of sunset pictures for the moment. The sky is not cooperating tonight: no more clouds, the monsoon weather went away and all we've got is a clear blue sky. Great for sunny Summer weather, but lousy for sunsets. I'll be on sunset watch, however, and as soon as a good one comes up, I'll be right there to capture it.  :)

Well, for now I am gonna hang out a bit, and this time I'm gonna watch my last werewolf movie for sure, "Werewolf Of London", which was also the very first werewolf movie ever made. Are you scared? I sure am.....

Then after it's over, I'll go for my walk...........and hope I don't run into any werewolves.  :)

That's all for the moment, my Darling. I will write more later at the usual time, back at Pearl's. Have a great evening!

I Love You!  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

Midnight : Happy Late Night, my Darling. We are back to regular late night hours now that I am back at Pearl's. I was really turning into a Night Owl at home, haha. Maybe I am turning into a werewolf! :)

I watched the final film in the Legacy collection, "Werewolf Of London", and in some ways it was the best of the bunch. Very stylish and cinematic, considering it went all the way back to 1935, and it had a lot of great Mad Scientist stuff in it, too. Henry Hull is a botanist, searching in Tibet for a mysterious plant that only blooms by moonlight. Little does he know that it attracts The Wolf. In the movie, "Tibet" is actually Vasquez Rocks, instantly recognizable for the huge sandstone formations jutting out of the ground. The Rocks have been featured in many movies, and Star Trek too, and in fact I took some pics when I drove out there in 2013. Should be in my FB photos. But yes, all in all, a great werewolf flick, and now I'm depressed because I've watched 'em all and I need more! Not the modern ones, though. Gimme the old ones from Universal.

Hey! Maybe Hammer made some. I'm gonna check it out in just a minute......

I saw your post on "Why" are artists weird/poor/etc. And the answer is.......hmmmm, I'm not sure.

You can't really reverse it, because there are a lot of weird people and poor people who aren't artists.

Rick Wakeman had a great quote once on the theory of the Starving Artist. He said, "An Artist does not produce his greatest work while lying in the gutter; he does much better if he knows where his next meal is coming from". Now, I don't know if that answers the question of Why, but his statement is true enough on it's own.

I think an Artist does great and is motivated as long as he or she feels the twin excitements of curiousity and expectation. That's where the weirdness really comes in. And the happiness.

Connecting with a thought, being drawn in, and following that thought or idea or concept all the way to it's conclusion.

That's why Artists are weird/poor/etc., because they are tuned into those things. But you already knew that.

And Artists can get rich, too. Or at least make a living being Weird.  :)

Sweet Dreams, my Baby. I will see you in the morning.

I Love You!  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment