Thursday, July 30, 2015

Night Person

Hi, my Darling,

Happy Super Late Night once again. I saw your post this morning, of a person way up high on a rock cliff in Norway, and because you have been away for the last couple days (except for that one post), I am gonna guess that you yourself are perhaps on an outing of some sort. Maybe to a state park? Road trip with Mom and Bro, as in Summers past? A trip with friends?

Gotta be something like that.  :)

I hope you are doing something fun, anyway. For me, Day 3 of my six days off was pretty similar to the other two, and most of all to yesterday. I woke up late, at 10:30 yet again. I am finding that I really am a night person. I mean, I'm totally a day person, of course. Obviously I love the daytime because......well, I don't need to list all the reasons. It's enough to say I love the outdoors and the sunshine. Besides, a true Night Person is like a Vampire. Those types avoid the sun and generally stay indoors until late afternoon or evening. But I am a night person in that I love the quiet and the serenity of the night, and I find myself staying up later than usual, til 2:30 or 3am sometimes. Only when I have days off, though, so that I can sleep in. So, I guess Adam Hours have modified a bit in the last few years, and if I were left up to my own devices, my hours would be apprx. 10:30 am til 2:30 or 3am.

Where was I? Oh yeah. So I woke up at 10:30, watched yet another Mummy Movie at noon - this time "The Mummy's Tomb" - and then a while later I headed out to Santa Su for a major hike, all the way to the top of The Slide, and then over to the Lilac Lane trail on the Spahn Ranch side, and just a little ways down that. Then back, 4 miles in all. With my walk tonight, I did 7 miles total for the second day in a row.

I feel really good now, all evened-out, dopamine-balanced, sleep recharged.

I'm getting a lot of reading done, too. Taking photos......

Tomorrow is Rush. My goodness, I have been listening to them since 1976, and the first time I saw them in concert was November 1978. 37 years. I think I've seen them 32 times, or maybe these two upcoming concerts will make 32. It's a mindblower any way I look at it. I will be riding down to Irvine with Grimsley. He's driving, just like the first time we saw them in '78. Back then he was the only one with a car, haha.

Irvine is a long drive, so we will be leaving at 3:30, to ensure we don't miss a note. I will be around before that, probably til about 2:45pm. Rush usually plays for 3 hours, so the concert will end at 11pm. Irvine is a hassle to get out of the parking lot, but if we can get out of there before midnight (no joke, it's that bad), I should be home by 1:30am. Even though you will be sound asleep, I will write anyway, just to say hi and let you know how it was and wish you sweet dreams.

Which I will also do now. :)

I Love You, Elizabeth. See you in the morning!  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment