Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Downtown (a fun day + sweet dreams)

Good Afternoon, my Darling,

I am still home, didn't make it Downtown just yet because of a late start, but I am gonna go. I discovered that they do have an evening commuter train back to Northridge from Union Station that leaves at 6:40. There is also one that leaves at 5:55, depending on if I am done with my sightseeing/picture taking by then. I will take the 2:54 train to get down there, and it gets to Union Station at 3:40, so that will give me up to three hours to walk around. I will go to Olvera Street, which is right across from Union Station, and then after that, I'll just see what I can see. I know Downtown pretty well, though I haven't done a walking tour since 2006. Since then, I've just been down there for concerts at night, and in those cases I take the subway and walk to a specific location. But our Downtown really isn't that big, maybe two miles square. Basically, you just stay away from Skid Row and it's all good, lol.  :)

I saw your pictures of Tina, and as always they are excellent. You are a natural at portrait photography, and at photography in general! And at so many other things, too. You are just a natural Natural, I think!  :)

I will be around til about 2pm, then I will head over to the train station, which is a couple miles from my apartment. The evening train gets back to the station at about 7:15, so I should be home between 7:30 and 8pm - just in time to take more sunset pictures, haha. And to watch another werewolf movie!

Have a great afternoon, Sweet Baby. I'll see you when I get back.

I Love You!  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

12:15am : Happy Late Night, my Darling. Well, my final day off and it was a busy one. I had fun Downtown, and I basically remembered where everything was. From Union Station I walked up to Our Lady Of The Angels cathedral, the main Catholic church in Los Angeles. The atmosphere is awesome inside there and I could sit there all day. When I would take Dad down there on the train, we'd go there and sometimes the organist would be practicing. They have a massive pipe organ there and we always loved hearing it. I walked all over after that, to Olvera Street, up and down Broadway (and old historic street with buildings from the 1880s). I walked down to The Los Angeles Athletic Club, where we used to go as kids when Dad was a member.

I did the full walking tour, and I took pictures, but the only problem was that when I had already taken about half of 'em, I noticed I had the picture size set on a smaller than usual setting, so some of the photos are smaller and square shaped. Aww, man.......c'mon Ad, pay attention to what you're doing.

But the thing is, I have no idea how it got set that way. Anyhow, I still got some good pics, but some of 'em are small. I'll post 'em anyway.

Then when I got home, at 7:30, I went straight over to CSUN for.........yep, you guessed it! -

More sunset pics! Yippee! :)

This time, I got the bright idea of going to the top of a nearby CSUN parking garage, which is why you can see the silhouette of the Santa Susana mountains in the background.

Didn't have enough time to watch my last werewolf movie, but I'll do it tomorrow.

I hope you had a good day. I saw your post about rehearsal night at the studio, so maybe you went down there? I know you will probably be going this weekend, to record your tracks for the video. You can record and then watch fireworks.  :)

I always look forward to 4th of July, it's one of my favorite holidays. I have another round trip ticket for the train that I have to use up before it expires on July 14, so I'll go back before then and take more pics, and make 'em the right size this time. All in all, though, 'twas a fun day and a really good series of days off for me. I feel rejuvenated and ready to head back to work, and continue the fun Summer.

I get one last sleep in tomorrow morn, and then I head back to Pearl's at 11am to take her to the hair salon.

Sweet Dreams, and I will see you in the late morning/early afternoon. I Love You!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment