Saturday, July 4, 2015

Happy Fourth, Have A Blast! (a fun day)

Hey my Darling,

I just wanted to check in to say hi, and wish you a Happy 4th. You are probably at the studio right now, I am guessing, or maybe doing some video work. Anyway, I am gonna be doing (mostly) The Usual, which is going up to Shepherd Of The Hills in Porter Ranch to watch the fireworks. I might mix things up a little bit, and maybe try taking Pearl and The Kobedog over to Lake Balboa at 4:30, if her energy level is good. That would be fun and it would get them both out of the house, so we'll see when I get back there at 4:30.

Also, for myself, I thought I might leave a little bit earlier than usual to go up to Porter Ranch. Limekiln Canyon is a short ways away from Shepherd Of The Hills, and I am thinking about maybe going for a short twilight hike before the fireworks begin at 9pm. If I got up there at 7pm or so, it would still be plently light outside, and I could hike till about 8:15 or so, and then make my way over to the church for the show. That would count for some of my daily miles, too. So, I am not 100% sure yet, but I might do it that way. Grimsley has been coming with me to the fireworks show for the last several years, but I haven't heard from him so I'll probably just go solo. The show ends at about 9:30, and then I'll be back at Pearl's for my usual nighttime schedule.

They are also doing something really cool at Santa Susana State Park - they have a twilight hike scheduled for 7pm tonight. I think it's led by park docents or volunteers. I dunno if they are gonna go up The Slide or what trail they are gonna take, but it would be fun to try. Except that I'd miss the fireworks if I went to that one, so I will stick with my original plan. I can do my own twilight hike at Santa Susana sometime.

Well, that's all for now. I hope you are having a blast, both with your song & video, and with your family and friends for the holiday itself. I will be back tonight at the usual time.

I Love You!  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

12:10am : Happy Late Night, my Darling. I hope you had a fun day, and that everything went well for your song. I wound up doing all the things I planned on - took Pearl & Kobi to Lake Balboa. It was jammed with people, lots of pedal boaters on the lake, barbequers (which Kobi loved!), and folks just enjoying the park, as we were. The weather was perfect and the water shimmered in the late afternoon sunshine.

After Pearl's, I drove straight up to Limekiln Canyon and went on a full-length 3 1/4 mile hike before the fireworks began. It was a great way to get my walk in, and the canyon was just a tad mysterious at twilight, with frog sounds growing louder, and rustling in the bushes. I saw a bunny rabbit, too.

Then I walked down the road to the church (actually a megachurch as they are called), and there were the usual thousands of people. The fireworks show was spectacular as always, and I got back quickly because I know where to park to avoid traffic jams........so all was good in the hood. :)

I love the 4th. I am very nostalgic for Americana, for some reason. So now I am listening to Charles Ives, that most American of composers (and he was kinda weird, too, which is always good).

We will have no choir at church tomorrow, and for the whole month of July (cause many members are going on vacation), so on the one hand I get to sleep a little later. But on the other hand, I don't get to sing.

I love singing, so I'll be glad when all the vacations are over, lol. Meanwhile, I will sing in the car and everywhere else I go, sometimes louder, sometimes under my breath when people are near.

Hope I don't get 'em mixed up.  :)

So if you hear someone driving by, belting out a tune, it's probably me. I simply can't be stopped.

Sweet Dreams, Sweet Baby! I will see you in the morning. Best wishes for recording tomorrow.

I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment