Monday, July 20, 2015

Subtropical

Hi, my Darling,

Happy Late Night once again. I saw your Cat Eyes post a couple hours ago, hence my song of choice for tonight's post, haha.  :)  I hope you had a nice day. It was still raining this morn, and we even missed church cause Pearl slept in. That's the first week I've missed since I started going last November. We'll be back next week, though, and we'll be singing again in two weeks.

We also had a tree fall over because of the rain! Luckily, it fell in the street and didn't hit the house or any cars, and the L.A. City street services were right on it. I am glad it's their job to get rid of it, and not mine, lol.

It's not raining now, and I was able to get my full walk in tonight, but boy is it humid and oppressive. You'd think you were in the subtropics! It's so humid that even gravity feels heavier......

I was also really excited when my friend Mike B. sent me that photo of Ritchie Blackmore and myself. I remembered that meeting well enough, but I had no idea there was a picture of it. I am 19 in that picture, so it was taken 36 years ago! But it seems like yesterday.

I have actually met Ritchie several times after concerts, and from 1975 to 1983 I probably saw Rainbow a dozen times, maybe fifteen. That was his best playing ever, in the Rainbow days.

That was really all today, no movie was watched, nothing else of note happened, except for I did have an FB chat with a friend I haven't seen since 1984, David B., who just became my Facebook friend a few days ago. So that was cool, too. Like Mike B., he also goes way back on the rock n' roll scene, and with the picture I posted recently of me and Suzi Quatro on the Sunset Strip, taken in 1975, David B. is the guy who took that photo.

Time flies, but stands still too. It does both at the same time, and it runs forward and backward.

Hopefully the sun will come out tomorrow. I hope you are having awesome Summer weather. Ours has yet to really get into gear, but it should do so as August and September roll around.

Sleep well, Sweet Baby. I Love You and will see you in the morning.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment