Sunday, July 26, 2015

Ticket To Ride at Warner Park (months)

Good Evening, my Darling,

I am back at home. I was here earlier, during the afternoon, but then Grimsley texted me at 6pm to let me know that Ticket To Ride (our popular Beatles tribute band) was gonna be playing at Warner Park over in Woodland Hills, which is yet another Valley town. I've been to that park every Summer since about 2009 to see TTR, and I'm sure you recall me mentioning them (and maybe the park, too) several times.

Anyway, I got there at 7pm, so I got to see the last hour of the set. They are always good, and play The Beatles music really well. Funnily enough, Grimsley wasn't there. He called me to come down, then wasn't in the park when I got there. There were about 10k people there, so it's possible I didn't see him, but I doubt it. He is Grimsley, after all. If there is one thing he's good at, it's standing out in a crowd. :)

I did run into a friend I hadn't seen in ages, however. John B., who is also an FB friend. Man, I've been reconnecting with a lot of old friends lately. Weird, wild stuff. I was walking around the park, and a voice said "Hey Adam", and it was John B. I've known him and his brother (who is my brother's best friend) since the late 1970s, and all through the 80s and early 90s, we used to play football or baseball every weekend, depending on the season. John and I were two of the most gung-ho players, and we never missed a week. The last time we played football was on January 16th, 1994. The very next day was the Northridge Earthquake, which changed everyone's life for a while, and our gang never played football again. We were all headed into our mid-30s anyway, but we'd always had a lot of fun playing.

I did not see John much after that, and had not seen him at all since he came to visit my Mom in the hospital in 2005. But there he was at the Ticket To Ride concert. And it was just in the last couple weeks that I reconnected with David B. and his sister Debbie, both of whom I've known since 1970, but who moved to Northern California in 1976. Weird, wild stuff, I tell ya!

Anyhow, we made plans to get John over for an Orange Grove walk. I told him that other members of the old gang come over regularly for walks, so he will come along soon.

Speaking of walks, Sweet Baby, I am gonna go finish the rest of my miles right now. Then I will be back later - from home - at the usual time. I hope you had a nice day!

I Love You!  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

(back in a bit)

12:50am : Happy Super Duper Late Night, my Darling. Instant reversion to standard nighttime Adam Hours, which really aren't too different from my hours at Pearl's, just a little bit later. I hope your night was good. I completed my walk, then fell asleep reading after I got back home. I've got the new Stephen King book on hold at Northridge Library, so I've gotta finish up my Dr. Farrell book, which I will do during my days off.

I hope you are enjoying your Summer! I love July, one of the best months of them all, I think. How about you? In fact, how would you rank The Months, from 1-12, if you had to put 'em in order? What is your favorite month? That's a tough one. For me, my favorite month would be between......hmmmm, that really is a tough question.........probably July.......October would certainly be in the running.......and maybe December, because of Christmastime.

But then there's June, that period of late Spring/early Summer. April, pure Spring (and my birth month), although the weather can be kind of sketchy in April. You never know what you're gonna get, at least here in SoCal. November is awesome because of the heart of Autumn and the Thanksgiving holiday, so special.

There are feelings and sensations that come with each month that can't be put into words. Part of it has to do with the name of the month. A lot has to do with the quality of light, the placement of the Sun in the sky, the leaves on the trees (green, colored, bare).

July may be my favorite month, maybe because I love heat and Sun so much. Long days, slowly developing purple nights. I also love the 4th of July. July is the height of Summer.

But I don't think I can pick a favorite month. I mean, call me when October rolls around, and I'll probably name it as my favorite.

January and February aren't near the top of the list, for me, but at least there's football.

Yeah......sports, I know.

The best sports months are October - cause you've got the World Series, you've got football in full swing (college, too), and you've got the start of basketball at the end of the month, and you've got hockey, which we care about in L.A. only because we recently started having championship hockey teams.

The other best sports month is June, because you've got baseball in full swing, and you've got the hockey playoffs and the NBA playoffs. But that can be tricky, because if LeBron James wins a championship, then your whole Summer is ruined, and even July is no fun.

Thank goodness that doesn't happen very often! July Rules, then.

I can't really put 'em in order, but I sure do love Summer.

I hope you are having a blast, Sweet Baby, and remember - a blast can be felt in the small things as well as the big. I know you already know that.  :)

That's all for now. Sweet Dreams, and I will see you in the morning (after a slight sleep-in).

I Love You, Elizabeth!  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment