Saturday, November 29, 2014

At The PowWow (Sweet Dreams) (at Pearl's)

Good Evening, my Darling,

I have been over at CSUN for the last couple hours, watching the annual PowWow. Many different tribes are represented, lots of dancing, songs and drums, it's pretty awesome. I watched them make what they call The Grand Entrance, which is where all the representatives from the different tribes parade into the dance area in full costume. The colors and design patterns of the clothes are really something to see. The headdresses. I didn't bring my camera because last year the MC asked me not to take pictures, which I was doing during one of the dances. But this year, all kinds of people were snapping away, so go figure. :) The news was there, too, so I'll check out Channel 7 at 4 to see what they show.

I am back on the job at 4:30, and this will of course be my first night at Pearl's. But, I'll be home from 6:45 til 9:45, then back at Pearl's by 10pm. Right now, I will do a few dishes, have a snack, and then maybe walk back over to the PowWow for a little while, cause it's just across the CSUN parking lot from my apt., just north of the Oviatt. It's five minutes away.

I hope you had a great day, and I liked your posts from this morning. Beautiful pictures, and the earrings too! That style would look great on you of course. :)

I will check in again when I get to Pearl's. It'll take me a couple minutes to get situated, feed The Boy and hook up Chromebook 2, so it might be around 5pm (late I know), but I will check in regardless.

Cause I Love You, my Angel. See you in a bit.......

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

5:05pm : Hi, my Angel. I'm back at Pearl's, getting situated. Gotta bring stuff, little by little, that I'll need, like my books, maybe an acoustic guitar, my blaster (so I can listen to CDs on headphones). Not too much stuff, just essentials for night. Like I say, it's really just the same as before, only I sleep here instead of at my apt. But I'll be back and forth each day, just like I've always been.

I'm glad you had a nice birthday. :) Now we will head into the Christmas Season, and it will be a wonderful holiday time.

For now, I send you Sweet Dreams, and I will write again around 11:30pm just like I always do!

I Love You, Elizabeth!  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

11:50pm : Good Morning, Sweet Baby! I am writing from Pearl's. The last time I was here at night was in October 2010, about six months after I started. Can't remember the reason I slept over that time, but it was something minor, but anyway, that was the time when I first met the Black Kitty, when she was a kitten and The Kobester chased her up a tree. I had to get her down, and it took all afternoon with a ladder, and I wound up writing a Myspace blog about it. The Kitty wasn't much bigger than a hand back then. But anyway, it was the last time I was here, writing at night.

The only thing that's a little difficult about being in a different place at night, for me anyway, is trying to fall asleep. One great thing about my apartment, tiny though it is, is that I can usually fall asleep within minutes. Not sure that will happen tonight, and it may take a few nights, but I'll get used to it.

I see from one of your birthday comments that you are going to Ireland. That is gonna rule! Man, that's one of my first destinations when I finally do some travelling, the Emerald Isle. So much history there, and mystery. So green and beautiful, and old. I hope you get to see a castle!

Tomorrow morning will be church and choir from 9:30 til 1pm. A lot has changed in the past few weeks, lol. But I am having fun learning the Christmas songs. I will try to check in before we go to church, but if I can't, I'll see you at around 1:30pm tomorrow. Once I get the hang of this dual residence thing, it'll be smooth sailing.

I Love You, Elizabeth, and I will see you tomorrow.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment