Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Rocky Peak Love (Sweet Dreams after a Good Day) (Leaves)

Good Evening, my Angel,

I am back home, having picked Pearl up from Golden Agers. I am excited cause I found a new trail. It's called Rocky Peak Trail, and I'd actually heard of it and even driven past it many times on my way to Simi and Corriganville, but I was always under the impression it was a rock climbing site like The Point Of All Things Stonelike (aka Stoney Point). I don't know why I thought that; maybe because it was described as a difficult "climb", but meaning the trail rather than a rock face.
At any rate, it is a trail, and it's a great one, and it's a bit steep but not all that difficult. It goes up into the Santa Susana Mountains and is located near the Garden Of The Gods. It's kinda of like hiking in Santa Susana State Historic Park, where I always go, except that this trail at Rocky Peak supposedly goes back 12 miles into the hills! That's awesome, not that I would ever go all that way, but you never know. One day maybe I'll do it, and for now, I can go back maybe 3 miles, just to see what's what.
It's not real scenic like the Santa Clarita trails. There are no coves of trees or dry creek beds or fields of dry grass. No canyons. What there is, is mountains and rocks. It's an old Indian trail that was also used by stagecoaches in the old Western days. Anyway, it's a new find, so I am happy.

I hope you had a wonderful day, and perhaps your Eric Whitacre post signifies that you did! I love you so much, Elizabeth, and these are great times we are sharing, days that we will always remember.

I am also thinking of my Mom today, November 18th was her birthday. Mom would have been 91.  :)

My Momma would have liked you, I can tell you that!

Right now I will relax for a few. I'll be here til 4:15, then back to Pearl's, where I will check in bearing Sweet Dreams......

I Love You, Beautiful Lady.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

4:50pm : Happy Late Night, Sweet Baby. It's that time of night again, where I send you Sweet Dreams to keep you company while you sleep. I'm at Pearl's, feeding the Kobedog, giving him his pill and getting ready to make dinner, but what I am thinking about is You.  :):)

I hope you had a good day at school and I'm sure that it continues to be an interesting and exciting experience. Tonight, I can take it kind of easy since I already did most of my mileage, so I will either watch a movie or read when I get home. Then a short walk later. I will be back at 11:30pm as usual.

I Love You, Elizabeth! Sleep well.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

11:55pm : Good Morning, my Darling. I am listening to the last few minutes of the Jim Svejda show on KUSC, and trying to keep my eyes open, lol. Earlier I was reading my Dr. Joe book, and I kept falling asleep, but then I would wake up and read another page, and find myself having to Google something like "logarithmic space" or "longitudinal wave". I can wrap my mind around the concepts he writes about, but sometimes I have to look up the specifics. But I love it! I love getting tired while studying interesting things.

Yeah, I know I'm a bit weird.

Your post about the leaf collecting lady was a coincidence, because just yesterday, on a dogwalk with Pearl and the Kobester, I picked up our first leaf of the Fall. There is a tree next door that usually drops some colorful patterned leaves, and every year, I pick a few up, the best ones, and give them to Pearl. She likes to press them in books, just like the lady in the picture. We don't get the brilliant colors of eastern trees, but what we do get is very rustic colors, beautiful in their own way.

I also love putting things in books, but what I've put, over the years, have mostly been little newspaper articles, concert reviews, local news items, anything that interests me. I love the idea of a Time Capsule, and anything can be such. It's fun to put something away and not look at it for a while, and then eventually re-discover it! And then it can bring you back to when you found it - such as a leaf - and in that way, time rebounds and the memory comes back. I find the elasticity of time to be pretty awesome. :)

Well, my brain is probably short circuiting about now, though I know I won't actually be able to fall asleep for real until 1am or so. Biorhythms rule me. I will say goodnight, then, even though I'll be up for another 45 minutes. And I'll meet you in Paris when I wake up!

I Love You, Elizabeth. xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

(if you were to say "meet me at the Eiffel Tower" at any particular time, I'd be there......)

No comments:

Post a Comment