Saturday, November 1, 2014

Happy November! :):) (great photo)

Good Evening, Sweet Baby,

I see your posts and it looks like there is a lot of photography going on. And just like the photographers you posted, you too shall make it your life's work, and in your case as an overall Artist - Photographer/Musician/Flimmaker and any other form of expression you choose. There are no limits for you.

You are already living it, doing it, and it is wonderful to see and hear. I am looking forward to see all of your photos from Italy, and any other work you've been doing.  :)

Yesterday was such a good day, and that walk I had at Placerita was very special. The overcast sky created a different quality of light, and I got some good pics, so I will post a few later tonight, on FB and Flickr.

Today will be a little bit busy. Right now I'm at Pearl's, and at 11:30 I will be meeting Vickie at my apt. She is finally coming over for the first time since Pearl's birthday in August. We are gonna go shopping, and then at 2pm, we are going to the VPAC at CSUN to see an opera, a production of "Carmen" by the school's opera company, which is very good. We saw them last in 2011.

So I will be back after 4:30pm, and I will check in after I get back to Pearl's. Halloween was such a blast, so glad that the rain held back until late last night, and that we got a lot of kids at Pearl's. The cutest, hands down, was an infant - no more than a few months old - dressed up in a Donald Duck costume.

Enjoy the rest of your evening, and I will see you when I get back from the opera.

I Love You, Elizabeth!  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

Midnight: Good Morning, Sweet Baby. Do they have Daylight Savings Time in Italy? If they do, then you have an extra hour to sleep, a feature I am very much looking forward to myself! That part rocks. The part that doesn't rock is the early darkness for the next few months. But, once December 21 is past, we get another minute of light each day, so the dark period is really pretty brief.

I love the pictures you posted. The picture of yourself is lovely. I Googled the Parco Sempione, and it looks like an awesome place, pretty huge, historic too. It looks like it's situated right in the center of the city, like a Central Park, in this case with much artistic significance. Your picture of the pond is excellent. I agree with your Mom, great composition - you've got a whole lot of little "balances" playing off each other, and if you study your picture you will see what I mean. Remember, always look at your best photos over and over again. Study them, but without forcing it (very important), and just let the feel of the picture come to you. The details of why you like it will bubble to the surface. You have many things going on in that photo, and I especially love the reflected colors in the water. Delicate and beautiful. Notice, though, the placement of the ripples, and you will see what I mean about small balances. These details can make a picture, and we often don't notice all of them as we press the shutter button. Way back, I mentioned just looking for and feeling your photographic "feng shui" - just making small adjustments in your camera angle until everything just feels right, energy-wise. It's great to have it look right, but take the extra time to make it feel right, too. That's the psi part, where you and your camera are one, and the camera is an extension of your energy, much like a piano or other musical instrument is an extension of the musical energy output of the musician. It's why Edward Van Halen and Ritchie Blackmore could both pick up the same guitar, play it through the same amp, and play the same song - but each would sound totally different. And that is because each has a different musical energy outputting through their fingers and into the instrument.

And it's the same with a photographer and a camera. The eye, the finger pressing the button, the photographer's intent, and the camera itself all work in unison.

You have many more great pictures to come.  :)

Well, today was indeed super busy. Lots of shopping with Vickie, then we went to see "Carmen", which was really great. A pro-level production, incredible singing and staging. It's funny, I didn't set out to become an opera fan, it just happened by osmosis, because of my Dad and even moreso my sister, who always listened to it. Over the years, it kind of soaked into my system, and now I love it. So if you ever wanna go to the opera, you won't have to twist my arm.  :)

That's all I know for tonight, my Darling. I will see you in the morn, with an extra hour of sleep as a bonus.

I Love You, Elizabeth! Have a great Sunday morning.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment