Sunday, November 16, 2014

Choir & Triple Love (Sleepy Love)

Good Evening, my Darling,

Well, I am back from Pearl's and from church. They've got me in the choir now, I couldn't refuse. I mean, I could have, but it would have required an iron will, lol. The director said, "We've gotta find you a robe", as if I was already in, and I suppose I was as of last week. Then all the other members came up and said things like, "thanks for coming to sing with us", and I couldn't very well say no at that point. So today, after a few minutes rehearsal, I was up on the stage with my robe and green collar on, singing with the choir.

Some of the parts I was able to "get" pretty quickly, but mostly I just followed along, listening to the piano and the other voices. Church hymns have a lot of rise-and-fall in the melody, and sometimes it's easy to predict what is coming up, but other times the melody has a key modulation or goes off on other tangents, and that's when you (meaning me) just lower your voice and try not to mess things up, haha.

A surprise, though : I enjoyed it, for the most part. I have always loved to sing along to every rock song while in my car (alone of course), and so I do enjoy the act of singing itself. The hard part is getting it right!

So, that will be my Sunday morning for the forseeable future. Gotta re-route the Kobester's CSUN walk.

I hope you've had a great day and................one day we can sing together.  :):)

After I get a whole lot better, of course!  :)

I liked the picture of the Oregon trees by Veleda Thorsson. It looks like a painting by Klimt! Very beautiful indeed. And the contraband Kitty is quite a character! I dunno if that post was inspired by one of my own posts yesterday, over at the King's X board, and in fact I don't know if you've ever even browsed over there, but sometimes I've told a tale or two about the old days, when I did things I don't do anymore, and haven't done since 1997. I was like Contraband Kitty once, but he's on his own now, haha. Now I'm singing in church! :)

Well, my Baby, I am just getting home, so I am gonna get situated, do some dishes, and then go to Trader Joe's for some salsa and other, less important stuff like bread.

Enjoy the late hours of your evening, and I will write more later tonight at 11:30. But I'll be here at home for about another hour or so, til 3:30.

P.S. I just now see your Eric Whitacre post, and I Triple Love You, Elizabeth. We sang John Rutter again today, it's kind of hard. Whitacre would be extremely difficult, but fun to try!

Triple Love, more Love later!  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

Midnight : Good Morning, my Darling. I'm a little later than usual because I watched an X-File after my walk, and then I almost fell asleep! Had to catch myself, I was nodding off. Now I am listening to Couperin, wide awake again. I also found some full choral versions of the Rutter "Christmas Lullaby" and another song called "Sing We Now Of Christmas", so I can practice at home. :) So if you pass my apartment, and you hear a male voice singing to no apparent accompaniment, that'll be me, with my headphones on, doing my homework.

After this week, I will get six days off for Thanksgiving week. That will be nice, many sleep-ins to catch up on rest, search out new trails for the New Year, and stuff like that. Also, Thanksgiving Day happens to fall on another special day..........you wouldn't happen to know what it is, would you?

If you don't, I can't tell you. Gotta keep it a secret for now.  :)

Let's just say it's a day to give thanks, and for extra special reasons this time.

I Love You So Much, Elizabeth. I'll see you in the morning and we'll have a great week!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)


No comments:

Post a Comment