Thursday, November 20, 2014

Soft Focus Sweet Baby (Pear Juice) (Midnight to Morning Love)

Hey, Sweet Baby! That's what my KUSC Debussy post should have said a couple hours ago, "Inspiration For A Sweet Baby". I'll outdo Debussy! :):)

Anyway, Good Evening, and I hope you had a great day. I am just back from the Thursday Hair Salon Thing. I really liked the VeronikaT picture you posted earlier. Now that is a perfect example of what I've meant when I've described a Dave-style photograph. You remember, he is my late best friend, whose paintings hang in my apt., and who, while not strictly a photographer, took some great, surreal looking photos, simply by intent and by using tricks I never would have thought of, like soft-focusing his camera.

I am always looking for a feel in a pic, something that pulls me in. A picture need not be technically excellent for that to happen, but the intent has to be there. You can tell if the photographer "means it", just like you can tell if a guy playing a guitar solo "means it".

You see, I could try unfocusing my camera (if I had a manual focus), but if I was doing it just to copy what Dave did (or VeronikaT), then my lack of intent would show up in the picture. But if I did it cause I meant it, then the photo would have that pull.

It's funny, because there are a lot of shots I have in albums, some shot by Dave or my Dad, where people might go, "what's so great about that shot"? Some might even look like mistakes to some folks. But I could actually pinpoint why a certain shot grabs me. I wouldn't want to pinpoint it, because it's like explaining a joke : it ruins the mystique. But I could point out the great things about an odd looking picture. I love 'em.

I love my little cam, and I wanna use it for years to come, but I eventually wanna get a second cam that has features like manual focus. Do digital SLRs have that feature? I guess I can Google it.

Anyway, Incredibly Sweet Baby, I will be here at home til about 3:30, then I'm gonna leave a little early to do some quick shopping. Need broccoli and radishes, stuff like that. I am also looking for Black Strap Molasses. Back when I was a kid, my parents used to talk about eating "a tablespoon of Black Strap Molasses". I have no idea what the Black Strap part is all about, and I don't remember if they were made to eat it, as kids themselves, by their own parents, or if it was something they enjoyed. But I know it was supposed to be a Health Thing back in the old days, like Cod Liver Oil, which I suppose would be the equivalent of fish oil nowdays. Except back then, it didn't come in capsules - you had to swallow it by the spoonful. My Mom said it was gross. So, "yes" to the Black Strap Molasses, and a resounding "no" to the Cod Liver Oil. :)

I do these things cause they're supposed to be good for ya. No other reason, really. Except my veggies, those I love.

Tonight is Movie Night, and we will be seeing P&P's "The Battle Of The River Plate", a WW2 film about a famous naval battle. Being a huge WW2 buff, and having seen a lot of WW2 films, but not this one, I look forward to it.

Enjoy the rest of your evening, and I will send Sweet Dreams when I get to Pearl's.....

I Love You, Elizabeth!  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

4:55pm : Happy Late Night, my Angel. Great timing with the Pear Juice! Too funny, though mighty tasty too, I'm sure. :) I didn't find any Black Strap Molasses at the produce market. It's one of those huge discount places, in California we have a lot of them, mostly owned by Armenians or Mexicans, so maybe they don't do molasses, I dunno. I'll try Vons, the regular supermarket, when we go shopping on Saturday. And, I'll keep you posted!

Right now, you can guess what I'm making..........that's right, Split Pea Soup! Yeah, I know I've gotta expand my repertoire, but it's really good. And, I'll soon break out the French Onion Soup, too. How's that for variety?

I gave Dog his pill, and I fed him, but soon he'll be barking at me to feed the cat, so I'd better get back to business. He's my real boss, you know.

I send you Sweet Dreams, and I will see you after the movie, at 11:30. Sleep well.

I Love You, Elizabeth!  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

Midnight: Good Morning, my Baby, and Happy Friday. I'm listening to Handel Keyboard Suite (Baby) 2. I really love the Baroque music era. Tonight's movie was the first one where I can't say P&P knocked it out of the park. It was good, maybe a 6.5 on a 10 scale, and it was worth seeing, but compared to their other films - many of which are masterpieces - this one didn't work on a couple of levels, most of all because the story was not paced well, the drama was not developed. Not a bad British WW2 flick, but not as good as "The Dam Busters", which I raved about earlier in the year. For P&P, go back and watch "Tales Of Hoffmann" again, and that'll make up for it. Even the greatest filmmakers can have a slight misfire.

I didn't finish my miles this eve, cause it was L.A. Cold outside (about 51 degrees, cold for us), but more than that, my legs were a little sore from hiking up Rocky Peak two days in a row. But I'll get back to it tomorrow.

Have a great day, and I will see you when I wake up. I Love You!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment