Saturday, November 8, 2014

Drum The Dog (Groovy)

Hi, my Darling,

Sorry I am so late to post! I was with my sister, doing a ton of shopping. Then she wanted me to wash her car, too, so it all took a bit longer than usual. Did you have fun at the Black Monk exhibition? I say yes! I hope you did, anyway.  :)

The picture of Brian's dog reminds me of The Kobester, who insists on similar treatment from me, every day when I get to Pearl's. He knows the sound of my car engine, so he's at the front door when I open it. Then he barks at me and runs to the sofa, where he jumps up and rolls onto his back. Then I know it's Dog Drumming Time. He likes it when I play bongo drums on his belly and chest, lightly of course. I call it "drumming the dog". I'll say to Pearl, "I'll get breakfast in just a minute. Gotta drum the dog first".

He insists on it, so you've gotta do it.  :)

I actually had a pretty good sleep-in, about 7 1/2 hours. I think I will take it fairly easy the rest of the day, maybe watch a movie a little later this evening. I will post now while you are still probably awake. Sweet Dreams for when you do go to sleep, Triple Love now.

I Love You, my Baby!  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

(back later tonight)

Midnight: Good Morning, my Baby! Happy Sunday. I have been watching on Youtube some old clips from shows like Hollywood A Go-Go and Shindig, early rock TV shows from the mid-60s that are some of my very first experiences of seeing live bands. There was a show called "Groovy" that used to air in the afternoons. It was hosted by a guy named Sam Riddle, who was very famous in LA at the time, as a DJ. Now, I Google him and can hardly find a thing. But in that mid-60s period, when dance rock was big, there were many such TV shows, and Sam Riddle was very well known. I can remember coming home from elementary school, probably first or second grade, and watching "Groovy" every afternoon. I am really enjoying finding all these old clips, and from Dick Clark too.

My friends Dennis and Dave F. came over this eve for a CSUN walk, down to the Orange Grove and back. Other than that, just a nice day off. Tomorrow will be my first day with Pearl all morning at church. It'll be interesting to see how that goes, but I'll most likely just sit off to the side and be unobtrusive, except for the times when I am helping Pearl. We shall see.

Have an awesome Florencian morning (would it be Florencian or Florentian?); either way, it will be awesome. I foresee it as such. Mornings are generally awesome, once you get things rolling.

I Love You, Elizabeth! See you in the morning, and I will check in to say hi as soon as I have a chance, by 1:15 or so at the latest, but earlier if I can.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

(there's an extra "o" in there somewhere, I think)


No comments:

Post a Comment