Friday, November 14, 2014

Lake Balboa Morning Love (Lots Of Late Night Love) (abstract)

Good Evening, Sweet Baby,

Happy Friday. I hope your weekend is off to a good start. I am home, just back from taking Pearl and Kobi to Lake Balboa. It was a nice morning at the park, we saw a lot of ducks, coots, gulls, and a crane. I saw your post this morning. The Jonas Brothers, eh? Is that in response to the bubblegum pop videos I've posted recently? Perhaps a comment, lol? I can think of only one other reason why you'd post a Jonas Brother, but I won't mention it because I don't wanna start a ruckus. And it's not relevant, anyway. :)

Is Andrew your cousin, or uncle, perhaps? It looks like he may be in the entertainment business, I see pictures of him with Joan Rivers, too, and it looks like he's at press functions. Maybe he's in the biz.

Anyhow, I am gonna do some dishes, straighten things up a bit, and then at 1pm I am gonna head out to see "Nightcrawler" with Jake Gyllenhaal. Grim and I both like him, and Grim saw the movie and recommended it, and I still have movie theater gift cards from last Christmas that I've never used, so I might as well use 'em. I wanna see "Interstellar", too.

So, I'll be here til 1pm, and then back when I get to Pearl's. Enjoy the rest of your evening!

I Love You, Elizabeth.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

4:45pm : Happy Late Night, my Darling. I am at Pearl's, having returned from the movie. Boy, it was really dark, as in dark comedy, only it wasn't a comedy! Definitely a message movie, or a commentary. There are situations in the plot that are unrealistic, but that's not the point with this movie. Great performance by Jake, and really slick looking night photography of Los Angeles. I recommend it, but it's not for the squeamish.

I see your Eric Whitacre post, and you know those always make me feel so happy. It is not only wonderful to love you, Elizabeth, but wonderful to be loved by you, and to be in love with you.

We are two lucky people, I think.  :):)

Well, I had better do some watering before it gets pitch dark outside. Then I will make dinner and feed the Black Kitty. When I came in, I saw the bigger Black Cat that lives across the street. He was on the porch, and sometimes he tries to bully our Black Kitty. I've told him, "You're not the Black Kitty! Our kitty is the Black Kitty"! Then he leaves. I will make sure he left this time.

That's all for now, my Angel, except to wish you Sweet Dreams. And who knows, this reluctant choir member may wind up singing an Eric Whitacre composition in the future.........

.......there's already one inside my heart!  :):)

I Love You, Elizabeth, and I will write more at the usual time, when you wake up.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

Midnight : Listening to Rameau piano music. I love the Baroque sound, and the counterpoint. It's some of the first music I can remember hearing - Scarlatti, Rameau, Bach of course. It's very mathematical, and yet there is great beauty in it.

Earlier I reread the Eric Whitacre post, and I liked what he wrote about his creative process, that at a certain point in the development of a new work, he will make abstract drawings of what the music feels like, and how it corresponds to sound.

Man, that's the whole deal, right there! All the art forms are interrelated, just as all our senses work together as one. If you watch a conductor at a classical concert, he is doing more than just keeping time with his baton. He is also creating shapes in the air, and adding to the feel with his facial expressions and body language. But in composition, to draw abstract pictures is to really get into the unconscious, and to sort of "meet-and-greet" the arriving music, as it draws outward from the inspiration.

He is drawing it, spontaneously, as it arrives. That is awesome, and it's also a very natural thing to do, perhaps not taught in music school, but arrived at from within, from a personal perspective. This is what happens when you, as an Artist, are contemplative with yourself. That is why I've suggested studying your own work, your own pictures, and music, and becoming "your own biggest fan", because when you do that, you are giving yourself feedback and further insight into why you create in the first place.

Not everyone creates. You do. So study why that is. Always be curious, always wonder "why" about things. And when inspiration hits, go with it, wherever it takes you. Drawing abstract pictures while creating a vocal work in progress is not something that is taught. What happens, is that the Artist is so tuned in to himself (or herself) that deep personal knowledge, abilities and techniques from the subconscious, rise to the surface. This is how you bring out the You.

You are your own biggest influence, and that is why you become unique, as an artist. You are your own teacher, and student. This is not to say that an Artist has no outside influences, we all do, even the greatest of the great. It is just to say that the more you study yourself, and your own work, the more you will see it in it's entirety. It's like an iceberg submerged, and you want to see more than the tip. You want to see the whole thing, and so you submerge yourself, and look deep.

I Love You, Elizabeth. Have a wonderful morning, and I will see you when I wake up.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment