Friday, November 27, 2015

It's Still Going (late night love and into the season)

Hi, my Darling,

I won't wish you a Happy Late Night just yet; that'll be in a little while. Right now I just wanted to check in to say that I hope you've had a fantastic birthday and a nice evening, too, and perhaps you did something for your birthday with family and friends and any combination of the two. Now, it's only 10:30 over here in L.A., so your b-day is still going for another hour and a half. The full 24 hours, y'know.  :)

As long as you had fun, that's the main thing. I didn't do a whole lot today, myself. I'm not much of a Black Friday person, although I did browse Amazon just to check dvd prices (which weren't all that different on the stuff I was looking at). Mostly I just chilled out at home & did the usual. Just finished my walk a few minutes ago, so now I will have a little snack and then come back to write some more in just a bit.

Happy Birthday once again, Sweet Baby. I Love You!  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

(back in a few)

12:30am : Okay, now I can wish you a Happy Late Night. It is pretty chilly here - mid-40s - so I've got my heater cranked up full blast. Been reading my Tom Van Flandern book and have to pause every now and then to look up stuff such as gravitational lensing or the inverse square law. The book is written without much explanation of terminology - as if the reader has some background in astronomy - so it's a challenge but also fun to do a little brain-stretching.

You may have seen my post that the Japanese actress Setsuko Hara died. I am sure I must have mentioned her in blogs from last Spring, when we were doing the Yasujiro Ozu retrospective at CSUN. She was in many of his movies, and was a tremendous actress with a great capacity for portraying emotion on screen, though always with subtlety. Her films with Ozu are quiet and understated, but leave a lasting impression and are highly recommended. She was 95 years old.

Tomorrow I will be back at work, starting in the afternoon. Now we will head into the Christmas season, taking time in fast paced days to notice, in all the little details, what a wonderful time of year it is. I will be looking forward in particular to the music and the lights.......and the spirit.

See you in the morning, Elizabeth. I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment