Thursday, November 5, 2015

Thursday Evening Love (weird movie + love)

Good Evening, Sweet Baby,

I'm just checking in before the CSUN movie, which tonight will be Welles' "The Trial", starring Anthony Perkins (of "Psycho" fame) and based on the book by Franz Kafka. As always I am looking forward to it. Everything we've seen so far by Orson Welles has been great. I hope you've had a good day and are enjoying your evening. I saw that James made sure to include your name in the photo this morning, along with the well-deserved superlative "talented".  :)

I will be back at Pearl's at the usual time and I will write more then. Enjoy the rest of your evening!

I Love You!  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

12:20am : Happy Late Night, my Darling. Man, that was one Weird Movie. Really the word I'd use is "nervous" - the movie itself is nervous, everybody is talking at 100mph, the camera angle is low and off-putting, and the lighting is mostly chiaroscuro (high contrast), and the main location is an old abandoned hotel in France, nice and creepy. The film makes the viewer nervous, too.

Right off the bat I can't say I enjoyed it as much as the other Welles films we've seen, but by the same token it is no doubt a great film. I think I'll have to watch it again in the future. The movie is such an assault on the senses that it might be more enjoyable the second time around, when you already know what's coming. A great performance by Anthony Perkins in the lead role. Really weird stuff. Claustrophobic and persecutorial.

I see you were recommended for another job, so I hope you get it. Your Versus Me pics look great, and next year something will happen to get your name circulating in an even wider area, Chicago perhaps. That's my prediction!

Sweet Dreams and I will see you in the morning. I Love You.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment