Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Late Wednesday Night Love (extra love, plus Walking Dead & Van Flandern)

Hi, my Darling,

It's an earlier-than-usual Late Night check in once again, just to say I Love You and see how you are doing. One bit of news on the Facebook front - my Friends List, which had been in alphabetical order since last Friday, is now back to listing them as, I assume, most popular. It seems like the ones you have the most contact with are always at the top of your friends list, right? Well, my list is back to being that way, as it always used to be before last week. So maybe that's a good sign, and maybe I will have my news ticker back soon as well. I miss being able to find all your posts!

I did find one post from you today, about Veteran's Day via Randy Hawke. Of course I couldn't agree more - God Bless All Veterans.

I did wind up going on a hike, out to El Scorpion Park in West Hills, which is about 10 miles southwest of Northridge, at the far west edge of the Valley. I've been there before, it where the Cave Of Munits is located, but I hadn't been out there in probably about a year, so I thought I'd go back. It's an easy hike, no steep hills except the one leading to the Cave itself, but I didn't go all the way up this time anyway. I guess because today was a holiday - no work or school - there were a lot of people on the trail. Usually I am the only one in the whole park, but this time there were several small groups of hikers. One of the best parts of my hikes is the stillness and the peace and quiet, just the sounds of nature. In the cave, though, sound echoes and reverberates, and the people inside were yakking nonstop, so instead of going up, I just kept going down the main trail until I got way out in the boonies, where it was nice and quiet once again.

I took a few pics, but nothing spectacular which is why I didn't post any. All in all, though, a good hike, and I did about three miles total. I hope your day was good, and I'll be back to write more in just a few minutes.

I Love You!  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo :):)

12:35am : I am back. Not much else to report from my day, except for my nightly "Walking Dead" episode. I am now halfway through Season Four, and things are about as brutal as then can possibly get. Good grief! Certainly not for the squeamish, but then it's one of the most popular shows on the air, so go figure. It's because the show is extremely well put together in every respect, so what would be just gross violence on a lesser show is secondary here to the story and the drama. The characters feel like real life people.

I am also starting a new book, which I got from Amazon the other day. It's called "Dark Matter, Missing Planets and New Comets" by Ton Van Flandern. This book is somewhat famous in context of the types of book I read. I found out about it because it was referenced by both Joe Farrell and Richard Hoagland in their books. It was written in 1994 by Van Flandern (who died in 2009), and he, as an astronomer for the U.S. Naval Observatory, proposed an alternative theory to the Big Bang for the creation of the Universe, and also most famously proposed the "exploded planet" theory to explain the asteroid belt, which is pretty obvious to anyone except mainstream science. So that's my new reading material, which should carry me into the next few weeks.

I trust all projects are coming along well, and I'm looking forward to whatever is coming next!

Hopefully Facebook will fix the problem, and fingers are crossed now that my Friends List has been corrected.

Sweet Dreams, my Baby. I Love You and will see you in the morning.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)


No comments:

Post a Comment